Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282449 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1470 on: April 08, 2013, 09:56:07 pm »

Or maybe I'm missing a sarcastic tone from Victoria.

She was being totally sarcastic.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1471 on: April 08, 2013, 11:01:07 pm »

I have a bit of a tin ear to that sometimes.  Even in person.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1472 on: April 09, 2013, 02:48:05 am »

Today at his job, someone asked my roommate whether their coffee is gluten-free. At least I have been spared that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1473 on: April 09, 2013, 03:13:09 am »

Today at his job, someone asked my roommate whether their coffee is gluten-free. At least I have been spared that.
"Jim: Well I can assure you our paper certainly isn't more flammable"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1474 on: April 09, 2013, 07:37:04 am »



Quote
REFUSE NEW COINS
True Americans will refuse these
This simple action will make a strong statement.

Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these when they are

handed to you.

I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a

dollar bill instead.

The lady just smiled and said 'way to go' , so she had read

this e -mail.

Please help out..our world is in enough trouble

without this too!!!!!


U.S. Government to Release
New Dollar Coins


You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE from the front and back!!!

If ever there was a reason to boycott something,
THIS IS IT!!!!

DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS
AS CHANGE

Together we can force them out of circulation..
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1475 on: April 09, 2013, 01:24:36 pm »

Train station ticket machines spit these things out like slot machines for change. I wonder if they would just leave a pile of money in the hopper.

Also:


« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:16:15 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1476 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:01 pm »




All True Americans, eh? I know a lot of Southern good ol' boys who consider themselves True Americans and would certainly be part of the target audience of this message...but I'm not sure they're approve of the way "In God we Trust" came to appear on most of our money if they took 20 seconds to check Wikipedia...

Quote
"Aspirations for the motto arose surrounding the turmoil and heightened religious sentiment that existed during the Civil War. The Reverend M. R. Watkinson, as part of a campaign initiated by eleven northern Protestant Christian denominations in a letter dated November 13, 1861, petitioned the Treasury Department to add a statement recognising "Almighty God in some form in our coins."[7] At least part of the motivation was to declare that God was on the Union side of the Civil War.[8] According to Brian Burrell, the actual wording of the motto was inspired by a Union Civil War unit's company motto.["
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1477 on: April 09, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

I will gladly accept all the dollar coins they want to send my way.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1478 on: April 09, 2013, 10:04:57 pm »

So Americans are getting worked into a lather about same sex marriage and dollar coins, eh?  What is this the 1980's? 2005?

Wait until you catch up to us and get worked into a lather about the assisted suicide debate and the demise of the penny.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1479 on: April 09, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »

1) open a p.o. box under the name Ulysses Stanton Mint
2) alter that text from paul to say that everybody, in protest, should send their dollars to U.S. Mint - and provide that box #
3) get that shit forwarded everywhere
4) profit
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1480 on: April 09, 2013, 10:34:47 pm »

I had a weird moment the other day when I realized the baby I'm carrying will never know a world with pennies.  Pennies were always a part of childhood to me.  Adults didn't care about them, you could find them lying on the sidewalk, and yet, with one you could get a bit of candy from a machine, or save enough of them up and you could go to the store and get a nice jolt of sugar.  The penny candy store!  Long gone.  Sigh.

Yesterday I had a parking meter (which I put a dollar coin into) spit out a nickle in change as I had parked in a spot that would be free in 55 minutes.  I thought I was terribly quaint that it gave me back my nickle.  I haven't noticed, can you get a gumball for a nickle these days?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1481 on: April 09, 2013, 11:47:57 pm »

How old are you? Did you once wear an onion on your belt?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1482 on: April 10, 2013, 12:23:30 am »

Hey! It was the style at the time!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1483 on: April 10, 2013, 01:02:04 am »

I do find it hilarious that some morons think it matters whether the money says 'In God We Trust,' but I thought of something even more hilarious; is this even true? I haven't googled the snopes on this.

Edit: Nope, it's bullshit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1484 on: April 10, 2013, 03:11:33 am »

Posted along with a picture of a US$2 bill...

It's a reasonably funny story, I guess, but can somebody tell me what a couple of young kids not recognizing a bill that comprises less than 1% of the bills in circulation has to do with the recent election?

Side note: the artwork on the back side of the Deuce is a reproduction of a painting by a direct ancestor of mine. The original is in the rotunda of the national archives, I go see it whenever I'm in D.C.
Story is bull because 7 layer burritos cost more than $1.04 at the cheapest Taco Bell franchises. ~1.79.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 143   Go Up