Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)  (Read 7105 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 03:14:19 am »

I believe the Beach Boys version is the original, and it was also just them goofing off in the studio.

Sloop John B, though, was a cover.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2003, 05:33:26 am »

I took the "Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel" to mean that squirrel parents are enthusiastic but not very imaginative when it comes to names.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2003, 05:41:28 am »

I read it as Beef making fun of Todd's stutter, only not very well.

In other words, I agree with "sensate (posts:2)"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2003, 05:42:39 am »

I hear it a special way in my head.
I don't know how I'd even begind to describe it, but it's just, to me, Beef exclaiming how surprised he is to see Todd. Todd Todd Todd Todd... Todd T. Squirrel!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2003, 05:58:39 am »

Rationally I tend to agree with the stuttering explanation, even though it does seem a little harsher than Beef usually is.  Although, who knows.  Perhaps multiple repeat given names are a unique factor in squirrel culture.

And I would be remiss if I did not mention how floored I was by Jough's BEAUTIFUL catch with the BarbaraAnn thing.  I couldn't catch my breath there for a minute.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2003, 06:01:23 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"


 Perhaps Todd sold his for an assload of nuts or something.


Todd sold his soul for a bitchin' spoiler to put on the back of his van.

Heh heh!  Contextual continuity for post number 666!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2003, 07:07:24 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Wasn't the Beach Boys version a cover? Was the original hard to understand like that?


Yes, it was originally done by The Regents.  The Beach Boys also made it a hit, but some time later though.  It was also covered by The Who.  I like their version the best.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2003, 08:02:41 am »

Huh.  It says it was written by Brian Wilson on the CD ("The Beach Boys Party").  But sure enough, it's the Regents, and in the Doo Wop Boxed Set, too.  From 1954, which would pre-date the Beach Boys (not completely, but certainly would pre-date the Party album).

I GUESS WHAT THIS HAS TAUGHT US IS THAT WE SHOULD LISTEN TO MORE DOO WOP

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2003, 01:41:03 pm »

Maybe that's just Todd's full name. Or his full name is Todd Todd Squirrel and everybody goofs on him a little for having the same name twice.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2003, 10:20:15 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I GUESS WHAT THIS HAS TAUGHT US IS THAT WE SHOULD LISTEN TO MORE DOO WOP


My father's Big Retirement Dream is to head to the hills and establish a all doo-wop pirate radio station. You can't go wrong with doo-wop. I guess.
Logged

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2003, 10:40:54 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
all doo-wop pirate radio station


Avast ye scurvy knaves, or I'll shama-lama yer ding-dong!

I propose that, as a Forum, we all join or sign 'stad up for this fine-looking organization:
http://www.electricearl.com/dws/
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2003, 02:45:32 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I GUESS WHAT THIS HAS TAUGHT US IS THAT WE SHOULD LISTEN TO MORE DOO WOP


That's the smartest thing you've ever said.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel (22 December 2003)
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2003, 06:11:12 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Todd sold his soul for a bitchin' spoiler to put on the back of his van.

Heh heh!  Contextual continuity for post number 666!

Shouldn't he have a "Suckin' Out My Soul Bought This Spoiler" sticker or something?

Anyway, Zartan, your father has the best life dream ever. In this time of life reevaluation (read: sophomore grade panic), running a pirate doo-wop station is increasingly pleasant as a life concept.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up