Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010  (Read 4002 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« on: October 01, 2010, 05:38:56 am »

In which Nice Pete finally wearies of being society's stared-at man:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09302010
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 06:45:23 am »

In which Nice Pete finally wearies of being society's stared-at man:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09302010

Wait, too soon, it's only been 7 days..
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 07:23:43 am »

I do enjoy that Beef saved the day, and only could have saved the day, by being so depressing that he made the horribly-internally-tormented serial killer feel better about himself.

It feels like the characters veering back to their personal true-north-alignments, anyway.

Still. If this is the wrap-up to an arc that felt like it derailed because even the author realized that it was going the wrong kind of dark, you get this anti-climactic feeling that maybe this was originally going to go on a lot longer and it was realized that this had to end as quickly as it could without throwing up hands and hitting a reset button.

Anyway.

Beef acted like Beef and Pete acted like Pete and that's maybe a start.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 11:42:57 am »

Reason wins out over violence. I see no anticlimax here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 01:06:11 pm »

I own far too many sports jerseys already, but apparently I need to get a Maple Leafs jersey now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 02:12:14 pm »

I own far too many sports jerseys already, but apparently I need to get a Maple Leafs jersey now.

Isn't that what the Toronto Kid wears?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 02:18:10 pm »

It's what drunk assholes wear. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 04:50:39 pm »

I have a love/hate relationship with T.O.  Or maybe it's better to say I'm ambivalent about Toronto, having made money and had successes there, but having felt sort of distasteful about certain aspects of the place.

My general dislike of hockey hooligans is not geographical though.  I just don't like drunken hosers, eh?

In regard to the strip... the alt text had me loling, and it's been a while since that happened. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 04:59:46 pm »

Is Nice Pete's pubic-hating father's pinhead a bit over the top?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 05:08:24 pm »

I have a love/hate relationship with T.O.  Or maybe it's better to say I'm ambivalent about Toronto, having made money and had successes there, but having felt sort of distasteful about certain aspects of the place.

My general dislike of hockey hooligans is not geographical though.  I just don't like drunken hosers, eh?

In regard to the strip... the alt text had me loling, and it's been a while since that happened. 

Why the hate for Terrell Owens?  Donovan McNabb fan?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 06:43:40 pm »

Maybe it's because the Maple Leafs are one of the most successful teams in history as well as having one of the longest droughts from the championship.  They are the New York Yankees and the Chicago Cubs all rolled into one.  How can you not hate them?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 07:02:26 pm »

When I hear of the Leafs, all I can think of is the running gag in Kids of the Hall where inviting a dude to a Leafs game was always the lead-up to a gay propositioning.

As if somehow the stereotypes of being gay and the stereotypes of being Canadian are in some constant way for dominance in their world.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 08:16:17 pm »

Is Nice Pete's pubic-hating father's pinhead a bit over the top?

Yeah, but

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10272003
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 09:25:28 pm »

Aha! I had completely forgotten that strip.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The irreversible throes of digestive egress -- 09/30/2010
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 11:35:19 pm »

Yeah, that's some serious fuck*ng continuity, that is.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up