Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Tributes  (Read 2805 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood Tributes
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:28:24 pm »

I was searching through my Flickr when I came to realize that I have a LOT of Achewood Tributes.  Has anyone else done anything like this?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:36:36 pm »

Yes.

Why aren't those on Flickr? Because Flickr hadn't been invented yet.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:39:40 pm »

I love Hell Baby.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:36 am »

For me that Hell Baby is basically where this whole thing started. An important historic moment.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:56 am »

I remember that Hell Baby picture. Orange plate and everything. That was from the OLD board, wasn't it?

Holy crap, we're getting old, and we're doing it online.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 01:14:00 am »

I while back I picked up a stuffed otter that looks quite a bit like the original Philippe.  So what I was going to do was to re-enact the scene any time Philippe appeared in the comic, and post it to the board.  I didn't get very far with that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 01:14:13 am »

The Hell Baby was from Dumbrella. Onstad announced that he wanted someone to make it and post a picture, and I immediately ran out to the store to buy ham and sausage. The rest is history.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 02:11:50 am »

All of this is why I love Hell Baby. I have always loved and will always love Hell Baby.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 12:39:16 pm »

I am pretty sure I did send him some memory. If I didn't, it was only because the kind I had wasn't compatible with his motherboard. I seem to remember getting a note from him that said, "Thanks for the memory," and the very concept makes me giggle. But it was all so long ago...and my brain does tend to...embellish...without prior warning.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 04:03:01 pm »

I remember JeffRo posting a picture of him and two young beauties drinking the bourbon I sent him, but I don't remember O doing so. That might just be because Jeff was really complimentary in the post. I'm bummed because I wanted to go back and get the picture and it had been removed (the girls might possibly have been underage or he wanted to protect their identity or something).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 03:47:37 pm »

Last night the wife and I went to Eggspectations, a local restaurant that specializes in egg dishes.  I ordered a frittata.

Guess what I asked my wife not long thereafter?  No, go on, guess.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 03:54:47 pm »

Last night the wife and I went to Eggspectations, a local restaurant that specializes in egg dishes.  I ordered a frittata.

Guess what I asked my wife not long thereafter?  No, go on, guess.

"Will you have my retarded baby?"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 04:02:47 pm »

I bought him a couple albums off his Amazon wishlist. The Clash - The Clash, and Christopher Parkening - In the Spanish Style. I think he said something about having had the Clash album stolen from him a long time ago, and that was why he wanted another copy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Achewood Tributes
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 05:14:22 pm »

"Will you have my retarded baby?"

Her name isn't Cathy.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up