This is a thread to talk about ideas for Halloween costumes and seek advice on how to create them. Later, after Halloween, we can post pictures! Yay!
I have not dressed up for a few years because there hasn't been a reason to, but this year we got invited to a grown-up Halloween costume party so I need one. The party is '80's/90's themed but I don't think the costumes need to be. I still want to go as Dr. Sam Beckett (dress as yourself and pretend not to know anyone), but everybody tells me that's too obscure.
I think I'm going to go as Liz Lemon because she is basically me with dark hair and a better career. Pedro is trying to decide which male character from 30 Rock to go as; I think he could do a bitchin' sexy Donaghy; he would be hilarious as Kenneth; and Frank would be fun to put together. (Trucker Hat Slogan: "TOTALLY FICTIONAL.")
My five-year-old decided he wants to be Elmo Dressed As A Ghost, which I find hilarious, so I'm totally making it happen. Two year old is going to be Abby Cadabby (her costume from last year still fits) dressed as a pumpkin, just to stay on-theme.
What are you all doing for International Grownups Playing Dress-up night?