Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarification of "rutty" 12/22  (Read 1814 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Clarification of "rutty" 12/22
« on: December 22, 2003, 03:14:05 pm »

So is Ray's Place done in kayfabe or out? I'm confused.

When he went back in time Ray popped in to drop of/write the columns but now he's in hell yet the column is here. Are we supposed to think he wrote it before he died? Or was kayfabe dropped and Ray the character is in hell while Ray the "actor" wrote the column between strips?

Now if you'll excuse me I'm in the middle of a Death Star vs. Borg cube thread on another message board. </Comic Book Guy>
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Clarification of "rutty" 12/22
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 08:19:08 pm »

God, that conversation with soldier-boy and Saddam Hussein is one of the funniest things I've read in awhile.

That, and "Sex Pocket" had me laughing out loud.

I think it's been pretty much established that the strips are acted and that when Ray writes his advice column it's the "real" Ray.  It's just that like Jack Nicholson, Ray pretty much plays himself.

I guess when he went back in time he could have really gone back in time, like totally shooting on location, whereas the Hell strips may just be on the Underground back lot or something.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Clarification of "rutty" 12/22
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 08:45:50 pm »

Ray's answer to the last question is so perfect.  If I was still in the business of giving advice to students I would print it out and post it on my door immediately.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Clarification of "rutty" 12/22
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 12:08:21 am »

If I had started this thread, I totally would have titled it "Filming A Pussy And Dick Fight Scene." That phrase rocks my world.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up