Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to believe  (Read 1148 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I want to believe
« on: October 15, 2010, 04:25:45 pm »

But it's very difficult. I received this email today:

Your Federal Tax Payment ID: 0103759 has been rejected.
Please, check the information and refer to Code R21 to get details about your company payment in transaction contacts section:
http://eftps.gov/R21
восстановитьВсеСемафоры;
Return Reason Code R21 - The identification number used in the Company Identification Field is not valid.
In other way forward information to your accountant adviser.
on the site. James was appointed guardian of his two younger brothers, William Wright and Joseph Tarpelin,
EFTPS:
The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
M_SET(&mwrk, 0, I_NOSEL); break;
WARNING!
You are using an Official United States Government System, which may be used only for authorized purposes. Unauthorized modification of any information stored on this system may result in criminal prosecution. The Government may monitor and audit the usage of this system, and all persons are hereby notified that the use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this web site are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1001 and 1030.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I want to believe
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:14:21 am »

How do phishers swing a .gov address? I thought those were locked down pretty tight.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: I want to believe
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:38:02 am »

That's an actual government site. I have no idea what the spammer's angle is.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:47:55 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1]   Go Up