Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shave the Date  (Read 2224 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Shave the Date
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:22:53 pm »

I've become a meme. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:25:57 pm »

I've shared the notion with my facebook list and with vigour.

I think it is a key thing to see if we can make you a national meme, to see if we have that collective power here.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 01:11:34 am »

That's pretty odd.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 01:15:32 am »

In what way odd?  That they did this, or that I somehow discovered it?  Or are you referring to the piece itself is odd?  Or is it odd that I find it so hilarious?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 03:29:16 am »

I don't get it?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 04:01:00 am »

I find it just as hilarious. I find it odd that it happened, though. Congratulations?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 05:39:19 pm »

In what way odd?  That they did this, or that I somehow discovered it?  Or are you referring to the piece itself is odd?  Or is it odd that I find it so hilarious?
More odd that one of your friends found it. I wonder what search terms Jenn use to find your photo in the first place.

Edit: I did not figure out the search terms, but I did figure out that the happily married couple are lesbian and that one is likely transgendered. This should be no surprise, though, since Paul's mustache is quite progressive.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:20:20 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 05:52:00 pm »

The search term was "awesome mustache" and it was the top result.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:06 pm »

Oh man. I hope Paul's mustache doesn't turn them straight.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 06:15:06 pm »

Scientists theorize that this attribute of Paul's mustache would have made faster-than-light travel possible if only Freddy Mercury were still alive and we could touch their mustaches together creating pure warp energy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 06:19:46 pm »

Oh man. I hope Paul's mustache doesn't turn them straight.

If everyone's gay for Nabu, and Paul's mustache has the power to turn lesbians straight, what would happen if Nabu and Paul kissed?

I think we need to do further research into this, preferably with photos/video for...posterity.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 06:24:47 pm »



You know I AM trying to encourage the spread of this meme.  If someone wants to make a shave the date photoshop assemblage that includes  Nabu and I kissing that would be awesome. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 06:30:02 pm »

If everyone's gay for Nabu, and Paul's mustache has the power to turn lesbians straight, what would happen if Nabu and Paul kissed?

I think you'd end up with something like that buttered cat array that was the talk of the internet in the late 90s
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shave the Date
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 07:20:13 pm »

This reminds me a facebook thread where a friend called someone's associate a homophobic cunt and pretty soon we had invented a flying car by strapping her, splayed and naked, to the bottom of the car and having the streets lined with naked ladies and the homophobia of her cunt repelling the car skyward in a homophobic pu$$y version of mag-lev monorails.

If it makes you feel any better about the fact that, yes, I leave weird facebook responses for everyone, not just you all.

The dude in question is a college buddy of a close friend and I think I've met the actual dude, like, twice.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1]   Go Up