Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10  (Read 7770 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« on: October 18, 2010, 11:28:57 pm »

I've been mad at David Lynch since Inland Empire.

I don't like that he has a hand in this.

(Though I appreciate the organ in early panels...)

Edited for Linkage by JL:

Diverting Peter C.

Edited for exclamations of fucks by Smick: Whoops! 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:07:16 am by smick »
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:47:11 pm »

The use of Bill Murray is strangely timely.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 12:20:46 am »

"On my better days, yeah" is the perfect response to whether you know what suppurating means. The perfect Ray response, and a good phrase to have in your back pocket, just in case.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 12:22:54 am »

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 12:57:45 am »

I think Baltimore is a bad choice to represent a blank area in the national conciousness. Ray really needs to get this guy on track.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:06 am »

Wow, that's a great thread. Much better use of time than actually watching a movie.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 01:42:13 am »

Appropos of little, I just saw a facebook ad for the oft-delayed third Dark hoss achewood book.

Ship date of December 1st.

It just seemed worth mentioning.

EDIT: and mere minutes later, a namecheck in a Cracked article: http://www.cracked.com/article_18817_5-reasons-future-will-be-ruled-by-b.s._p2.html
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 03:26:27 am »

i can't be the only one that doesn't want to link to assetbar.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10182010 (posterity)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 03:45:42 am »

i can't be the only one that doesn't want to link to assetbar.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10182010 (posterity)

Can'd
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 06:33:30 am »

that dudes face looks like the johnny cash face ornstrode used.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 10:16:27 am »

Ray's phone is different each time he uses one.

Also, "So don't make that movie" is something that needs to be said more often to people. And those people should listen.

Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 01:11:28 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I could call a picture like that... Sloplung! -- 10/18/10
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 02:45:56 pm »

Wow.  That David Lynch, he's pretty kooky, huh?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up