Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?  (Read 4098 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:14:27 am »

An Idiot Abroad?  It is fuck*ng amazing, especially the shows in Jordan/Israel and Mexico.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:49:35 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Anyone seen
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:38 am »

Oh snap, I didn't know it was out yet.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:49 am »

I've just been watching the highlight clips on youtube, seeing someone that indignant at Holi in India is kind of sadly endearing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:08:43 am »

I've listened to all of the Ricky Gervais podcast episodes at least three times, but only got around to watching this the other week. fuck*ng incredible. Karl Pilkington is one of my favorite people in the world.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:47 pm »

Saw the Chichen Itza one two weeks before I went there myself, so it was nice to feel like a total idiot while clapping at the pyramid.

I was sort of disappointed how the Machu Picchu one panned out though, maybe because it's top on my list of places I want to go before I die.  Don't want to provide any spoilers for those who haven't seen the season ender yet, but... it left me a tad deflated.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:47:44 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »

"Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pieeeee"

Did you just drop a Just Shoot Me reference up in this bitch?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 12:39:35 am »

I thought this thread was  going to be about Mr. Wonderful's summer vacation
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 02:02:58 am »

Paul Orndorff has a show?

Now that's entertainment!

Can'd. Also for the "chicken pot pie" thing. I thought I was the only person who said that.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 04:35:37 am »

Donnie says Vaccum!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 02:44:16 pm »

The thread quickly went from being about a TV show I watch to being about a bunch of references I don't get.   Larry the Cable Guy isn't something that caught on around my parts.  Maybe in Alberta, where the red necks run wild and free.

In regard to An Idiot Abroad, the one thing I learned from this show that I hadn't really noticed before is that Ricky Gervais has a horrible laugh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 03:24:18 pm »

I have been ignoring this thread because I have no idea what the fuck y'all are talking about, and I'm OK with that, but I just wanteed to check in and say that every time I see this thread title, I want to pop in and post,

"No, I didn't know Mr. Wonderful was missing!"

Edit: Upon review, I note that A-Cap beat me to it, and did a much better job. My hat is off to you, sir.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 03:30:56 pm »

Yeah, I have no idea who Mr. Wonderful is either.  He's a wrestler?  I guess maybe he's an idiot?  Maybe more so than other wrestlers?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 03:48:25 pm »

Yeah, I have no idea who Mr. Wonderful is either.  He's a wrestler?  I guess maybe he's an idiot?  Maybe more so than other wrestlers?

Mr. Wonderful is both the filtered name of a troll here and the nickname of former professional wrestler Paul Orndorff.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Anyone seen An Idiot Abroad?
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »

That David Cross loop is awesome. I need to figure out how to make that my ringtone.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up