Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bands whose singers mess it up for you  (Read 3961 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 02:52:21 pm »

I won't argue that Brian, Bon, Dylan, etc have shitty voices - they just don't ruin it for me.

Heck, listen to a little Motorhead. And yet I enjoy them.

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 07:02:23 pm »

I won't argue that Brian, Bon, Dylan, etc have shitty voices - they just don't ruin it for me.

Heck, listen to a little Motorhead. And yet I enjoy them.

Yeah exactly.  Well, not exactly, I don't really listen to AC/DC (I checked em out a bit ago because of this board, they are pretty good actually but).  Some people ruin the songs with their (pretty good) voices (Robert Plant and Morrissey) some have bad voices that go well with the music (blues singers, Dylan, Black Lips, a billion more).

I like the Smiths and don't like Zepplin, but man I am really gaining respect for Jimmy Page.  That dude is fuck*ng awesome.  Oh wait, I was trying to say both bands would be better/amazing/the best bands ever with different singers.  I have been listening to Zep recently and I will really like it, think the guitar is amazing, etc. then Plant starts singing.

This is the song that got me to give Zep/Page a second chance, it is good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLwMm--hL4&feature=related
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:39:02 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 08:15:49 pm »

Oh yeah, Lord Sutch. Yeah, you can't really even say that he messes songs up, because it's not even like he's a singer. It's kind of weird to me that all those Brits would just get together and back up whoever showed up at the studio, more or less. Maybe it's because so many of them had done so much session work.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 08:21:18 pm »

I guess that pretty much sums up my singer preference.  I would much, much rather listen to Lord Sutch than Robert Plant.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »

You have the most interesting . . . media exposure, I guess?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 06:57:25 pm »

Smashing Pumpkins.

Bjork.

Silversun Pickups.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 11:34:35 pm »

The Sword
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:36 am »

pantera(even though the music messes it up for me, too.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bands whose singers mess it up for you
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 09:31:48 pm »

Smashing Pumpkins.

Times seventy quadrillion.

Edit: Billy Corgan sort of messes up liking music for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up