Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume 3  (Read 5494 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Volume 3
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:02:54 pm »

allegedly exists:
http://twitpic.com/35rha7
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 02:07:27 pm »

No, I won't believe it, I've been hurt before.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 02:24:25 pm »

Amazon says the release date is Dec 28.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:04:35 pm »

Didn't I see that listed elsewhere recently? I could have sworn that I did. I guess as I have the other two, I shall have to get this one.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 04:26:32 pm »

I'm just getting tired of Amazon sending me e-mails to say the release date has changed. That's what I get for pre-ordering it like a year ago
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 06:58:06 pm »

Amazon says the release date is Dec 28.

Of what year?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 08:29:31 pm »

When my girlfriend ordered it for me as a present, we were living in Tarzana California.

When it got delayed, she changed it to our current address, Little Falls New York.

When it comes out, we will most likely be living in Far Rockaway, Queens.

We will have moved twice between the initial release date and whenever it comes out.

This is interesting to me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 10:12:39 pm »

When my girlfriend ordered it for me as a present, we were living in Tarzana California.

When it got delayed, she changed it to our current address, Little Falls New York.

When it comes out, we will most likely be living in Far Rockaway, Queens.

We will have moved twice between the initial release date and whenever it comes out.

This is interesting to me.

According to an interview with Vincent D'Onofrio, the production schedule for (Full Metal Jacket) was so drawn-out that lead actor Matthew Modine got married, conceived a child with his wife, the child was born, and then turned 1 year old...all during the course of filming.

Could be worse. Heck, the last in the Big Book of series ended up just being canceled. My series is incomplete!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 06:41:37 am »

I'm guessing there was a big, failed push to get this out in time for holiday shopping. It's too bad (or is it telling?) that we haven't seen more frequent strips since the date was supposedly solidified.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 01:14:17 am »

I'm guessing there was a big, failed push to get this out in time for holiday shopping. It's too bad (or is it telling?) that we haven't seen more frequent strips since the date was supposedly solidified.

I just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 01:37:14 am »

I just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped!

Ditto. I'm shocked and amazed.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 03:42:38 am »

Hmm. Nice!
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 04:18:55 am »

My copy arrived today! Delivered by UPS, even though I only paid for the "free super-saver" shipping; I figure Onstad thought we wouldn't notice it was late if he sprung for the faster shipping. Anyhow, if you're wondering, the binding matches the previous volume exactly, except for the fact that it's green; the strips go up to the "chat with actual cops" strip from October 29th, 2002; there's a two-page prologue and a 19-page story called "Clowns with Benefits", the various parts of which are written by different characters, and, most importantly, the pre-cat strips that weren't included in Volume 2 are included here, which means that the "why can't I wake up with the gin already in me?" strip hasn't been passed over.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 02:20:20 pm »

which means that the "why can't I wake up with the gin already in me?" strip hasn't been passed over.

Possibly my favorite. A framed and signed print of it is the only thing I have purchased from the Achewood store (I do have the first two Dark hoss volumes and plan to get the third shortly. Maybe even today if someone has it in stock out here).
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Volume 3
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 11:40:42 pm »

I guess I was really excited to get the book, because I was in such a rush to open the package that I sliced the cover with my pocket knife, making a long cut all across the title.

It's OK, I guess. I am not one of those crazy collector people who needs an untouched copy of a thing in a plastic bag. I can still read it. And I kind of smushed it back together so you can hardly see it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up