Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 16085 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merry Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2003, 03:47:15 am »

Merry Christmas one and all.

And God bless us, everyone.

Now according to Norad Santa's in Philly right now, so I'm off to jack him for some loot.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Merry Christmas
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2003, 04:35:10 am »

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you. I love you all, and my wishes are with you this season. If I'm not around, it's because I'm with loved ones; may you be so blessed as well.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2003, 04:47:54 am »

Visions of sugarplums, everyone.  Be well.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Merry Christmas
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2003, 02:47:24 pm »

Santa's now asleep.
Good on him.

Anyway, love to you all (which is scary given how I tend to hate people, but you guys... (I may have been drinking but not enough to cloud how much you guys mean to me even in internet world)).

Merry Christmas guys and gals!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Merry Christmas
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2003, 06:06:32 pm »

Glad to see that there's sufficient merriness that I'm the only one online presently... just taking a break from family time and mass Chocolate Orange consumption to geek it up for a while.  Anyone get any particularly rad presents?[/url]
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2003, 06:26:55 pm »

Merry Merry to all.  We've opened our presents from my in-laws already, but we're off to my Mom's sisters' house for the Big Holiday Shindig in a while.  We always get together for a huge mid-afternoon meal, then let the little ones open thier gifts, so that they can amuse themselves while the rest of us play cards until late into the evening.  This year there will be the family matriarch -- my grandmother -- her three surviving daughters and four sons-in-law; seven grandchildren with three spouses; five great-grandchildren; three small dogs.  We've got several inches of snow on the ground already and it's still coming down in sheets.  Pedro and my Dad managed to find French Fried onions at an asian grocery for the green been casserole.  It was our own Christmas miracle.  And Dad's spent all morning putting together a kid-sized Jeep for my niece and nephew, while the rest of us have laughed at the poorly-translated instructions.  (Turn with spanner until shrapnel be cocked!)  

Christmas, indeed, has come.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Merry Christmas
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2003, 01:23:19 am »

I gots me an iRiver. A happy girl am I.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2003, 02:24:55 am »

With my new faux-fur duvet cover, down duvet, new shafts for my darts, the best shirt available online, and the love of my missus, this year has been the bestest evar.

Next year promises to beat this one, as I'm planning her birthday trip to an undisclosed location, and we're going to move to a much happier apartment.

Ache-board, I love you!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merry Christmas
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2003, 05:42:42 am »

I got a whole mess of DVDs of summer blockbusters I haven't seen yet, plus money to go toward my new pocket-sized digital spy camera (not yet purchased).

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2003, 06:03:19 am »

Ya'll did very well.  Me, not so well.  I got a sweat suit that is two sizes too large (well maybe not for long if I get hooked on the Someburger) a loaf of homemade bananna bread that my sister made (I gave it to a homeless guy), a gift card in an undisclosed amount from Wal-Mart, a tree ornament (i've never had a tree, btw), some garlic seasoned pecans (thrown away), and an MRE (best gift).  That's right, my best gift was a freebie stolen from the Air Force and given me by a total stranger in a gift exchange.  I'm not feeling very loved right now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merry Christmas
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2003, 06:09:18 am »

That's because you never sent me your address via PM, Paul, to receive a home-made box of love from Pennsylvania.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merry Christmas
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2003, 06:09:44 am »

The "box" may or may not be a big padded envelope, depending on your luck of the draw.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2003, 06:18:23 am »

Laura got a fax machine.  I got a digital delay pedal.  Audrey got more noise-making toys than I ever imagined possible.

Audrey has a Keith Emerson moment:


Laura and Dree:

Daddy and Dree:
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merry Christmas
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2003, 08:12:59 am »

Dree is very cute, and looks like she'll have loads of fun with that big ol' noise maker there, which from the photo looks to be about three times larger than she is.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Merry Christmas
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2003, 02:58:16 pm »

One of the approximately 1,200 toys my daughter received is a plastic dog that barks, vibrates and plays music.  It is LOUD.  And it has no volume control.

I want to ask the person who gave it to us, "Do you actually NOT like us?"

She also got a rolling pig that Dad quite enjoyed shooting across the hardwood floor and down the stairs into the living room.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up