Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 16044 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Merry Christmas
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2003, 06:41:28 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
some garlic seasoned pecans


That's the kicker right there.  I'm not sure what it is with Paul and talking about these bizarre foodstuffs, but it is a most unsettling trend.
As for me, I got some rad stuff... some CDs and books, a K Records wallet (I'm just soooo indie), and a red cardigan with skulls and crossbones on it.
Logged
goose means greedy

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Merry Christmas
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2003, 02:06:34 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
...while the rest of us have laughed at the poorly-translated instructions.  (Turn with spanner until shrapnel be cocked!)


Yeah, well, Santa brought me the Catch-22 board game, too, and this made perfect sense, although let me emphasize that for next Christmas I would perhaps maybe like to receive the "sold separately" protective eyewear. You know, as a stocking stuffer or whatever.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Merry Christmas
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2003, 02:10:29 am »



On keyboard we got Audrey
Hit all those keys Audrey
Just have a great old time

PARAPHRASE: My word that is adorable
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Merry Christmas
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2003, 02:43:42 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

PARAPHRASE: My word that is adorable


'Tis rather. And I'm usually immune to such things (kids).

I have to say that my mom loved her personalized Achewood volumes. Which is good.
My present to my bro, apart from three cds I got him, hasn't arrived yet (volume two of an anime that my mom got him the ltd edition box set starter of, myself having done so a month or so again - see current sig!), since Amazon.com are sucking at the moment.
My orders from .co.uk were fine though.
I just got a couple of books (good ones) and a game or two. Oh, and some Miyazaki DVDs from my mom. Which is good.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2003, 11:41:46 am »

This year I got capybaras and I got to quit my old job.  So for once in my life, I didn't care that much about presents.  I'm sure I'll get over that pretty quickly though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merry Christmas
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2003, 04:32:30 pm »

For a second there I thought that said you got "crappy bras," like from Vinnie's Secret or something.

Then I clicked the link and looked at the photos of giant rodents.  If I saw these things in the woods behnd my house I'd refer to them as "critters" and shoot them.

Then some of the locals would grill and eat them.

And I live just outside the fourth largest city on the East Coast!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Merry Christmas
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2003, 05:44:02 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
the fourth largest city on the East Coast!


Now that's a claim to fame if I've ever heard one.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2003, 06:03:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Then I clicked the link and looked at the photos of giant rodents.  If I saw these things in the woods behnd my house I'd refer to them as "critters" and shoot them.

Then some of the locals would grill and eat them.


They are apparently quite tasty and in South America you are allowed to eat them at Lent because they swim.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2003, 09:05:36 pm »

When I saw those pictures, I flashed on Sylvester white-faced and ashamed before his precocious son.  GIANT KILLER MICE!  Oh the shame.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Merry Christmas
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2003, 05:37:53 am »

Capsule response time because I forgot about this thread for way too long --

Paul: Wow, my sympathies. That's a profoundly crappy Christmas, although I did laugh at your giving your banana bread to a homeless guy.

Limmo: Wow, Audrey is entirely adorable. And you ended up with the same Sanryobuki shirt as I did -- woohoo!

Carlos: Oh. My. God. I'm so sorry. So, so sorry.

Wombat: Any Christmas involving capybaras is the best Christmas ever. And lovely capybaras they are.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2003, 06:07:49 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I got a sweat suit that is two sizes too large (well maybe not for long if I get hooked on the Someburger) a loaf of homemade bananna bread that my sister made (I gave it to a homeless guy), a gift card in an undisclosed amount from Wal-Mart, a tree ornament (i've never had a tree, btw), some garlic seasoned pecans (thrown away), and an MRE (best gift).  That's right, my best gift was a freebie stolen from the Air Force and given me by a total stranger in a gift exchange.  I'm not feeling very loved right now.


I forgot one, a 12' tape measure (now broken)

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merry Christmas
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2003, 07:45:28 am »

You're not supposed to try to wrap it around your dick, Paul.



That is the finest compliment I have ever offered to anyone, btw.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2003, 08:06:28 am »

Quote from: "jough"
You're not supposed to try to wrap it around your dick, Paul.



That is the finest compliment I have ever offered to anyone, btw.


Dude, those things have razor sharp edges, I ain't lettin' it get anywhere near my dick.  Thanks for the compliment though.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2003, 03:23:49 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
This year I got capybaras and I got to quit my old job.  So for once in my life, I didn't care that much about presents.  I'm sure I'll get over that pretty quickly though.


I quit my job too!  We are job-quitting sisters!  Now I can monitor this board full-time.  (Yeah, right.)  

Does this mean you don't work at the zoo any more?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2003, 05:32:47 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Does this mean you don't work at the zoo any more?


I was wondering that too.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up