Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg  (Read 4215 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« on: November 19, 2010, 08:12:15 pm »

Hey Smells, you should go see my friend Michelle, she's in your town.  She wrote that she is " parked at 'the Line up', across from Mondragon in a funky part of downtown."  I'm assuming you'll know what that means.  Go meet her, she's really fun.  Don't worry, you'll know her when you see her.  Tell her I sent you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:13:06 pm »

She also wrote that it's 20 below.  Fuck that shit!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:45:11 pm »

It makes me sad that Winnipeg no longer has the Jets.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 05:06:34 am »

I missed the mermaid lady, although six months ago I worked in an office that directly overlooked the spot she was at.  I had to deal with rescuing a coworker from a weather related situation.  The roads were shit.  It took me an hour to get her and I somewhere that would normally take 20 mins, then another hour to get back to the place I needed to be.  Is she still around, or has she moved on?

Nabu, the Jets were fun in their day, but pretty pitiful at the end.  It's especially sad for the kids that they're gone.  The kids in the middle of the Manitoba winter need their standard hockey-based Canadian dreams, and it's harder to dream those dreams without an NHL franchise around.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 05:13:04 am »

Let me check. 

She's still in Winnipeg, but apparently she's found somebody to take her in for the night because it's too damn cold in her van.  She did write "Digging Winnipeg.... suggestions on what to see and share with the world?"  Perhaps you could help her with that.

All I would know to tell her is try the Slurpee.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 05:41:30 am »

If my in law's weren't in town this weekend, I could give her a nice tour of the city.  There isn't a lot going on right now - things typically get pretty quite scene-wise in November - December so suggestions are a tad hard. 

If she wants to go somewhere fun for breakfast I suggest http://www.falafelplace.ca/ The guy who runs the place is like a more pleasant version of the soup Nazi, and just to the east of the place is Corydon Village aka Winnipeg's little Italy, and the famous Confusion Corner, which everyone who visits the city should drive through, and connects Corydon to the hipster area of Osborne Village (great shopping). 

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 02:03:47 pm »

Thanks, I'll pass that along.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 07:51:44 pm »

I like this topic, Paul.

When I went to see the Trailer Park Boys last month, I saw a guy with an old Winnipeg Jets jersey on. It was sweet.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 10:54:37 pm »

I remember the Winnipeg Jets, they used to play the Houston Aeros back in the day.  Winnipeg went on to join the NHL and the Aeros folded.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 05:16:04 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFWtkOM5XgY

The wife often says that we're moving to Winnipeg in the case of President Palin, but we've never been.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:21:46 am by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 05:37:45 am »

The wife often says that we're moving to Winnipeg in the case of President Palin, but we've never been.

I wonder how bad it would actually have to be before people started leaving the country in droves?  George Bush didn't send anyone for the exits.  Would Sarah Palin?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 04:40:43 pm »

George Bush didn't send anyone for the exits. 
I thought Michael Douglas cited the 2004 election as the reason for moving to England.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 08:36:11 pm »

I think the difference between GWB and Palin is the idea that...

At least it was obvious that his fucked-up handlers had a cogent and reasoned plan that they were enacting through him.

A plan that really had nothing to do with anything other than making the rich richer but at least it wasn't crazy. There was rationale. There was messed-up reason but there was reason.

Palin's a fuck*ng washed-up beauty queen who comes from a church one-step-off from fuck*ng snake handling who definitely wants to see the Rapture before her boobs droop more.

It is a whole different kind of terrifying.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 12:48:24 am »

But she's hot, I'd hit that.  Isn't that why they said people voted for Bush because he was a regular guy, someone you could hang out with.  They will vote for Palin because she's a MILF.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Gypsy Mermaid in Winnipeg
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 01:07:58 am »

Yeah, if you don't mind rolling over in bed and seeing crazy eyes and a claw clutched around a nail-file.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up