Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Signs of End Times  (Read 5560 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 02:11:15 pm »

The metric shit ton of money will pay for the guns and ammo.
Really though, it could be used to fund the programs that ultimately arrive at a stable system.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 02:26:58 pm »

A musical about Green Day was on the Macy's Day Parade. If that ain't a sign of the end times, I dunno what is.

Oh, wait, I do know.

Sarah Palin's reality show.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 03:28:32 pm »

I had a moment of jealousy there but then I thought, is the metric shit ton of money going to do you any good when we're wandering the post-apocalyptic landscape scavenging for hoards of canned goods and a can opener? Thank goodness so many cans are made with pop-tops now, at least.

Unfortunately canned goods expire.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 04:47:55 pm »

The metric shit ton of money will pay for the guns and ammo.
Really though, it could be used to fund the programs that ultimately arrive at a stable system.

Unfortunately many of the people who are capable of making metric shit tons of money choose to use it to purchase a political system that will allow them to avoid funding those programs and instead spend an ever increasing proportion of our economic resources on hookers 'n' blow.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 05:02:31 pm »

I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but something about this product disturbs me on a deep level:  http://www.batterblaster.com/   I'm compelled and repelled at the same time.  This product is sold in the health food sections of my grocery store, yet something about them seems so un-health-food- ike that it's hard for me to get my head around.   Michael Polan's theory that one should only eat food that our great-grandmothers and great-great grandmother would recognize as food comes to mind.  It's a fascinating juxtaposition really.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 05:17:04 pm »

Really though, it could be used to fund the programs that ultimately arrive at a stable system.

You mean you're going to share? I never thought you had it in you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 05:20:29 pm »

Unfortunately canned goods expire.

Nah, not really.

Quote
Question: I have some canned tuna in my pantry. The “best by” date was several months ago. Is it still safe to eat? 
Answer: Yes, the tuna should be fine — provided you’ve been storing it properly and the unopened can isn’t damaged.
 
As the U.S. Department of Agriculture points out, “Best By,” “Best if Used By,” and “Use By” dates on commercially packaged foods sold in the United States are not food safety dates. Provided voluntarily by manufacturers, they are an indication of how long products are likely to remain at peak quality.
 
After the “best by” date has passed, the canned tuna’s texture, color and flavor will gradually deteriorate. So from a sheer quality standpoint, the sooner you eat the tuna, the better.
 
But from a safety perspective, you can consume it well beyond the “best by” date — in fact, unopened shelf-stable commercially canned foods will keep safe indefinitely (assuming they remain properly stored and undamaged), according to the USDA.
 
Just be sure to store your tuna and other shelf-stable canned goods in a cool, dry area and check to see that unopened cans are not leaking, rusting, bulging or severely dented. You should always throw out damaged cans, without tasting the food first.
http://www.stilltasty.com/questions/index/45/page:2

But if you don't want yours after the apocalypse, I'll take it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 05:23:20 pm »

You mean you're going to share? I never thought you had it in you.
Investing in programs and innovations that result in a stable economic system benefits us all, myself among them. I'm not talking about being philanthropic, I'm talking about avoiding financial annihilation of everyone's capital base. In other words, I can't take money from people that don't have any to take.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 05:53:46 pm »

Aww, that's sweet.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 03:26:34 am »

Horrible sign of end times: bunny crushing.  People really run out of things to get off on to the point where this is a thing?  Really?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 04:06:12 am »

Horrible sign of end times: bunny crushing.  People really run out of things to get off on to the point where this is a thing?  Really?
You know there is/was this rapist in the N. Virginia area who would find women at bus stops on their way to work and knock them over the head with a brick. When I looked into this I realized the shithead was getting up at like 4AM to pull this off.
THESE THINGS DON'T HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE HAVE SHIT TO DO. There is no way some working man is getting up at 4AM to commit a crime and then go home, get showered and dressed, and then go to work. Crushing a bunny, dressing up in furry costumes, raping women at bus stops, can all be avoided if people have better stuff to do.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 01:31:16 pm »

A-Cap is right. Now he just needs to figure out how to repair the entire economy so we can solve this problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 12:14:44 am »

Nah, not really.
http://www.stilltasty.com/questions/index/45/page:2

But if you don't want yours after the apocalypse, I'll take it.

By which I meant that they all eventually get bulgy and fucked up. Yeah, if they aren't bulging, it doesn't matter if they are past the expiration date. However, canning is not a foolproof preservation system.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 05:53:28 pm »

Certainly, if not a sign of end times, this is, at its very least, the death knell of the music industry.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:42:14 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Signs of End Times
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 06:59:03 pm »

Certainly, if not a sign of end times, this is, at its very least, the death knell of the music industry.

pop music isnt for me, in general, but i dont see the problem.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up