Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ancient technology  (Read 7880 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
ancient technology
« on: November 27, 2010, 11:15:26 pm »

i just found a zip 100 disk in my room.  i know it has photoshop stuff on it that i did when i was in HS(i stole it on the last day of classes before graduation).  it can only be read on an Iomega drive that they (probably)dont sell or manufacture anymore.  i can get a used one on ebay for $15-25.  i want to see if there is anything worth putting in my portfolio.  the only concern is anything on there was created using a mac.  hopefully i had the presence of mind to save it as a universal file type.



anyone else use gadgets that are outdated?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 11:52:53 pm »

I had one of those back in the day.  I thought it was awesome to have a drive that held 250meg until I realized that wasn't shit.  Also they crashed a lot just like their smaller counterparts.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 12:58:58 am »

I have an old Peavey amp. I wouldn't call it outdated, though.

We did talk elsewhere about recording onto cassette tapes. That probably fits the bill better - although I recorded my last lesson on my iPhone. I liked that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 01:20:50 am »

I have an old Peavey amp.

Hey, me too.  Mine doesn't work though.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 02:59:43 am »

Ha! Neither does mine. It is in the shop, though, so maybe one day it will.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 05:39:26 am »

I post here using Lynx running on an ENIAC.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 05:53:27 am »

I have a Peavey amp too, a 4 channel PA head with two speakers cabinets.  I bought it in a Pawn Shop about 25 years ago.  It still works like a mother fucker.

That's also a Peavey Amp you can see the back of in this picture.  It got beat all to hell in that crash, but never stopped working. 

Peavey rocks!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 02:58:15 pm »

I still use the version of Word form MS Office 95.  No I am not kidding.  We also still run Vista, which had just come out when we got this desktop.  I've been meaning to upgrade both, but every time I go the store to buy the software, I end up not going through with it.  I had tried to convert to switch over to using Lynx a few years back, but both hubby and I lack the depth of knowledge or interest to make such a thing work in practice. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 03:37:14 pm »

We officially use IE 6 here at work. Half the sites I go to for entertainment just look at me and roll their eyes. I finally had to install chrome, although it's sort of forbidden.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 04:19:30 pm »

I still use Word from 1997. Smells makes me feel so cutting edge.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 04:51:09 pm »

Peavey amp and guitar owner here. Both still work.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 07:00:58 pm »

I actually have two Peaveys - guitar and bass.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 09:56:53 pm »

We are having a big clean-up/reorganize in the basement, and I uncovered not one but two Sony Walkmen of the cassette variety.  Put new batteries in them and they work fine.  Not sure what the hell to do with them though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 11:33:04 pm »

We are having a big clean-up/reorganize in the basement, and I uncovered not one but two Sony Walkmen of the cassette variety.  Put new batteries in them and they work fine.  Not sure what the hell to do with them though.

right now some hipster is cruisin ebay for just such an item.  catch what im throwin'?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 04:56:44 pm »

We are having a big clean-up/reorganize in the basement, and I uncovered not one but two Sony Walkmen of the cassette variety.  Put new batteries in them and they work fine.  Not sure what the hell to do with them though.

I'm no hipster
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up