Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ancient technology  (Read 7906 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 12:15:52 am »

I got a Peavy bass too, jeez.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 12:25:20 am »

I have a peavy amp too. I used to used to use it when I was an asshole freshman in college... because if I wanted to rock out with my cock out on a saturday night, the entire dorm building deserved to shake.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 12:38:13 am »

At the Beard Competition, when they asked us questions about ourselves, people with particularly interesting facial hair... if they played an instrument, it was always the bass guitar.

Is this... A Thing?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 02:08:28 am »

At the Beard Competition, when they asked us questions about ourselves, people with particularly interesting facial hair... if they played an instrument, it was always the bass guitar.

Is this... A Thing?

well, yeah.  the bass is the sexiest instrument.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 02:53:46 am »

But I associate bass with cute rocker girls. Does this mean they need to grow beards? 
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 03:09:32 am »

But I associate bass with cute rocker girls. Does this mean they need to grow beards? 

I want there to be some joke here about Kim Deal dating Frank Black, making the cute rocker girl the actual beard, but I'm either too tired or not smart enough to make it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 03:31:18 am »

Speaking of Frank Black... Bluefinger has started it's run and it's getting great reviews.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 05:37:49 pm »

So... as discussed before, Frank Black has been on my WATCH LIST, and I'd not been listening to him.   I heard a bit of some Grand Duchy stuff.   What the hell... I liked it.


Also, topically:  I do not own a Peavy amp.  I have a Fender bass amp, and a Kramer practice amp.  Though I need to replace the fuse in the Kramer.  My son was using it while he was doing some kinda Eastern European Oontz Oontz Soundscapes with a Korg minisynth.  (He's the one in the family with musical talent.)  I guess the techno was a little too metal for the amp.

My ladyfriend had a Zip drive and a bunch of Zipdisks in our closet.   A few months ago, I went through the process of pulling the drive out, finding a computer with a parallel port, and copying everything off of those disks over to a hard drive for her.   Then we went through them with a bottle of wine and enjoyed the wayback machine. 

Good times.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 07:48:21 pm »

Canned for zipdrive porn.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 09:15:29 pm »

Canned for zipdrive homemade amateur porn.

FTFY
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »

The homemade part was assumed.  I think I'll go look at some homemade porn now.  Hey, it's my ex-girlfriend's titties from 10 years ago.  Win!

Edit:  Dang, I had forgotten about some of that stuff.  :D
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 12:31:58 am »

my amp is depressingly high-tech.

it turns out you can't buy "just a Vox amp" unless you want to spend thousands of dollars. The cheaper amp is all fancy and digital and pretends to be other amps. I mostly set it to "Vox AC30," which makes me feel stupid.

My old amp was a Crate, which kind of sucked. Sometimes I miss how few knobs it had, though. If i have more knobs, I will spend more time fiddling with those knobs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 12:39:07 am »

I don't play often enough to remember how to make my amp do what I want it to do when I want to change it up.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 12:54:31 am »

also, apparently part of the emulation is that the different knobs do slightly different things when you set it to emulate different amps.

so like, old fender amps didn't have a "gain" knob, so that knob does some other thing when you set the amp to Fender. WHAT.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: ancient technology
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 12:56:01 am »

I almost got an amp like that, but then I didn't.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up