Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Tax cuts  (Read 15649 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2010, 05:13:16 am »

Were you guys seriously so busy making out that you totally missed the fact that Eggman and Acap just agreed with each other? On fiscal policy?

Seriously, I would have replied sooner but I was busy having a stroke from the shock of it all.

I bet we agree on more than we disagree on.

This would be an interesting time to link to The Political Compass.  Have we done this before?  I'm at roughly (-5,-5).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:19:49 am by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2010, 05:30:47 am »

Idealistically, I'm pretty right libertarian at -6/4.26.  Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that libertarianism only works if we're all grown-ups, and there is a critical mass of immature adults that keeps that system from working in the US these days.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2010, 06:15:39 am »

man, so many of those questions just make me want to write a paragraph instead of clicking one of the little buttons.

like, "Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support." what does that mean? If A-Cap is asking me that question it means something different than if my old lefty-roommate asked me that question, etc.

also, astrology? what?

"Some people are naturally unlucky."???

-5.75, -6.56
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2010, 06:24:58 am »

I don't know how it happened, but my co-ordinates came out as -5.63 + 6.34i, -6.21 - 4.86i
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2010, 06:38:52 am »

Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.21
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2010, 02:45:06 pm »

Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

Aww, yeah, baby. I'm in the Gandhi quadrant!

Also, who's going to plot all these results on a single chart for us?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2010, 03:20:54 pm »

Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that libertarianism only works if we're all grown-ups, and there is a critical mass of immature adults that keeps that system from working in the US these days.

Civilization only works if we're all grown-ups. This is the problem.

I hate quizzes like this. I don't feel like I need to write a paragraph but I feel like there needs to be a middle option, like "not sure" or something. It seems to me that a big part of the problem in politics is people stating strong opinions on subjects they don't have enough information about.

But, I am stuck in a cold house unable to get started on accomplishing anything while I wait for the heating technician to come so I did it anyway. -5.38, -5.74. Apparently that is awfully close to "classical libertarian collectivism of anarcho-syndicalism" for someone who has no idea what that means.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2010, 05:22:25 pm »

I'm roughly the Dalai Lama (-4.88, -7.03). Just don't ask for a little something, you know, for the effort.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2010, 06:52:17 pm »

WHOA!

I'm glad I was sitting down for that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2010, 07:49:16 pm »

Could be worse. Could be flipped to the opposite corner of Hitler and Uncle Milty.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2010, 09:15:28 pm »

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2010, 12:06:18 am »

As if there was ever any doubt, I landed slightly more libertarian than milton friedman.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2010, 01:58:18 am »

Economic Left/Right: -9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2010, 02:49:25 am »

Economic Left/Right: -9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18

Nice job!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tax cuts
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2010, 09:11:35 pm »

I'm an outlier amoungst outliers?

Hoorah!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up