Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solar Power  (Read 5024 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Power
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 09:52:23 am »

Well yeah there comes a point where the average  consumer wants in and the primal technology is no longer optimal. Lets cross this bridge.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Power
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 01:57:47 pm »

You're like yeah man, I wanna upgrade and you wind up putting the solar equivalent of an 8-track player on your roof.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Power
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 06:09:28 pm »

With all the talk about "Smart Grid" being a necessary step towards distributed power production, it just might be a compatibility problem to install solar at the moment.  Hopefully it will only be a matter of buying the right adaptor or something.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up