Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: second-hand exposure  (Read 2938 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: second-hand exposure
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 02:23:46 pm »

I think there's probably a lot of stuff from Warner Bros cartoons for me like that, just because they did so much parodying of Hollywood and other cultural touchstones, and I got it all secondhand (meaning long after it was originally released). I'm fairly sure the first time I saw Bogart and Lorre was there.

I saw an orchestra perform "the Barber of Seville," and of course I sat there singing the Bugs Bunny version to myself throughout.  "Whaaaaat would you want with a wabbit?"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: second-hand exposure
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 07:32:32 pm »

not actually, but now Mr. Poe will always make me think

"quoth the raven...EAT MY SHORTS"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up