Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: O Captain my Captain!  (Read 1651 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
O Captain my Captain!
« on: December 18, 2010, 01:05:03 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: O Captain my Captain!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 01:10:05 am »

For fuck's sake. Terrible. Just fuck*ng terrible. Really, one of the greatest American musicians.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: O Captain my Captain!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 01:14:09 am »

Ah crap.

Godspeed, Mr. Beefy, to wherever it is Captains go.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: O Captain my Captain!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 01:57:22 am »

Oh man, I just decided yesterday I want to give listening to the captain another go.

I like that his wife was Jan Van Vliet.
For some reason, when people have goofy married names I think "true love!!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: O Captain my Captain!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 02:00:09 am »

Wow. Well, that sucks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: O Captain my Captain!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 03:11:25 am »

Tom Waits on Captain Beefheart:

"if he was a hoss; he’d be unridable"
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: O Captain my Captain!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 05:33:37 pm »

I got Bat Chain Puller a couple months ago. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I think I've always liked Captain Beefheart the person more than Captain Beefheart the musician.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up