Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Christmas Chruestion.  (Read 8225 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Another Christmas Chruestion.
« on: December 18, 2010, 09:46:58 pm »

Favourite animated Christmas special?

I'm going "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Special".

If it didn't invent the form, it certainly standardized it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:52:51 pm »

Can't remember the last time I watched one. Last one was probably Chuck Brown.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:16:57 am »

the muppet christmas carol is my absolute favorite.  chucky b and mr magoo's are rad, too.  that rudolph one with the stop-motion animation is moderately alright. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:51:39 am »

above all else, as a child i loved the frosty the snowman cartoon. see, it's not the snowman, it's the hat. frosty is the hat, but he needs a body, and the only one he can make is of snow. every year he rolls three great snowballs in three sizes, and wanders off and finds some coal, and comes back and gives himself speech. and every year, he rescues children and dissolves into the distance.

it's a beautiful, tragic tale. also, singing.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 07:13:10 pm »

i am intrigued by this underground holiday event.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 02:14:29 am »

It's always been A Charlie Brown Christmas for me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 02:56:31 am »

It's always been A Charlie Brown Christmas for me.

Me too.  Rudolf would be a distant second.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 05:05:47 am »

Most def. Charlie Brown with Rudolph and Frosty in the mix.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 02:45:40 pm »

charlie brown cartoons/comics are sad to me.  yeah, i know its a cartoon, but it always bums me out to see him shat upon.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 03:22:54 pm »

WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE?!?!

No Grinch?

Absolutely, positively, still my favorite by a long damn shot. I love the Grinch, I love Boris Karloff's narration, I love Thurl Ravenscroft (Tony the Tiger)'s woefully uncredited musical stylings, I love the weird 1960s style animation, I love the nonsense words. I even love Cindy Lou Who. I love every damn Who down in Who-ville, but mostly, I love the grouchy, grumpy, grawful great green Grinch. He's the best Christmas character ever.

Fa-who Forays, Da-who Dorays, y'all.

I also love "The Nightmare before Christmas" with equal fervor, but can never decide if it's a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 05:40:49 am »

WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE?!?!

No Grinch?

Absolutely, positively, still my favorite by a long damn shot. I love the Grinch, I love Boris Karloff's narration, I love Thurl Ravenscroft (Tony the Tiger)'s woefully uncredited musical stylings, I love the weird 1960s style animation, I love the nonsense words. I even love Cindy Lou Who. I love every damn Who down in Who-ville, but mostly, I love the grouchy, grumpy, grawful great green Grinch. He's the best Christmas character ever.

Fa-who Forays, Da-who Dorays, y'all.

I agree with everything above, also adding the fact that I love love love love Chuck Jones.

Frosty's good, and any Rankin-Bass stop-motion special, but ultimately Whoville reprazent.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 02:29:59 pm »

Did I know there was a Muppet Christmas special? I ought to do something about this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 05:39:11 pm »

Did I know there was a Muppet Christmas special? I ought to do something about this.

The Muppet Christmas Carol came out in the 90s. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 07:38:37 pm »

The Muppet Christmas Carol was nice but no.

The key Muppet Christmas special was a made-for-television thing in the Eighties back when Jim was still around.

They all meet at, like, Fozzie's mom's house and... the Sesame Street Muppets and the Fraggles show up too.

fuck*ng rad. I think it is "the Muppet Family Christmas" or... something like that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 10:35:51 pm »

Happy Life Day, everyone!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up