Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Christmas Chruestion.  (Read 8181 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 12:09:19 am »

I've got what if you want a few albums you have been unable to find. 

Oh I'll hook anybody up, I was just trying to sound sinister. Although I don't have any early Flaming Lips or any Super Furry Animals...

But how we gonna do this? It's like 3.5 GB and I've never uploaded anything over like 10 MB max.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 12:22:41 am »

I'll take whatever is being offered.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2010, 03:33:16 am »

Oh I'll hook anybody up, I was just trying to sound sinister. Although I don't have any early Flaming Lips or any Super Furry Animals...

But how we gonna do this? It's like 3.5 GB and I've never uploaded anything over like 10 MB max.


Yeah, I don't know, but I already have all of that stuff.  I can just put it on megapload or whatever album by album.  You have to cut it up?  Like those rar archives, then put a few of them into a megaupload file, then a few more, etc.  Do you know how to get those rar archives where you click on one the first one then it goes through the other 50 or whatever, then you magically have your programing?  Because I don't, but that is what we need.

You are in Utah right?  I could just send them all to you on a data disc or 2 if you would prefer.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 02:13:28 am »

I'll take whatever is being offered.

Make sure you see my post over in The Giving Tree.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 06:07:15 am »

You are in Utah right?  I could just send them all to you on a data disc or 2 if you would prefer.

So I didn't end up having time over the weekend, and this week is looking ugly too. On Saturday I'm going to take a look at the files to see what I can do, but I might just end up either trying to make a DVD or just a data disc. Of course everyone is welcome to a copy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 06:11:48 am »

Make sure you see my post over in The Giving Tree.

Yes, thank you.  I picked up this years disc.  I already had last years disc, but I see there are three other disc from 2006-8 that I haven't seen before so I picked up those too.

I have three other mixes from you that aren't in those folders.

Me and the Bean, Catie 'n Goo, and Charcoal Chimney.  What year did those come out?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 02:02:15 pm »

Yes, thank you.  I picked up this years disc.  I already had last years disc, but I see there are three other disc from 2006-8 that I haven't seen before so I picked up those too.

I have three other mixes from you that aren't in those folders.

Me and the Bean, Catie 'n Goo, and Charcoal Chimney.  What year did those come out?

I am actually working on cover art for 2007 and 2008, only a few years late.  Hope to have those up soon.

Me and the Bean was from 2003, Catie 'n Goo is 2005.  Corresponding to years those particular children were born.

"Charcoal Chimney" was the mix I did for Salon's now-defunct Audiofile column, looks like 2006 (it's not a year-end mix, though some of the songs were included on the 2006 disc).  Amazingly enough, the link is still up.  Who knows if the links to the individual songs still work.
http://www.salon.com/entertainment/audiofile/2006/09/01/bbq_wrapup
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 11:06:42 pm »

That's pretty amazing.  I might download one of those other bq mixes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 08:14:04 am »

So I didn't end up having time over the weekend, and this week is looking ugly too. On Saturday I'm going to take a look at the files to see what I can do, but I might just end up either trying to make a DVD or just a data disc. Of course everyone is welcome to a copy.

So this shit's gonna happen, it just may be a while. I have a couple exams coming up and when I'm not working I'm generally studying or watching football. Why the fuck does my work want me to do this during bowl season?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 09:56:21 am »

Oh, yeah, sorry.  If I am going to do this it would be sun or monday night, so maybe say something here one of those nights and I will get that stuff up for you.  What Flaming Lips do you need?  Like up to Clouds Taste Metallic or what?

I don't think I have the last SFA, but they haven't been good in about a decade, so I'm not going to worry too much about that.  Can I not give you the albums past the last halfway good album?  Or do you want them all?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 09:40:07 pm »

Like up to Clouds Taste Metallic or what?

Yes!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2011, 04:14:53 am »

I don't really have any Flamings Lips or SFA. But it's no big deal at all, I'm busy enough that I don't know when I can deliver the Tom Waits thing. I'll mess around with that tomorrow. Still thinking a DVD, and like I said, I'll send anyone a copy if I can get it figured out.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2011, 09:44:44 am »

Okay, I figured out how to do this, they should be ready tomorrow when I get home for the night.  Can I just put them here or should I pm them to miles, paul, whoever else tells me they want one?

If it is the second one who wants the best albums by the Flaming Lips and SFA?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:02:17 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2011, 02:47:07 pm »

I would like those, please.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 05:43:17 am »

So last night it was working, but my computer overheated at like 4:30 am and I didn't want to restart it, I wanted to go to bed.  Today it is not working.  I will get it working and it will be up soon.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up