Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Christmas Chruestion.  (Read 8212 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 02:46:11 pm »

I'll be home on Friday to collect the various things posted around the internet.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 09:21:17 am »

Yesterday I switched to a different site and it worked.  I got up all of the flaming lips stuff.  Today that site didn't work, but the original site is working again.  Only two more albums to go until SFA is done.  Should pm tomorrow or Sunday.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2011, 09:02:41 am »

Aight, shits been sent to paul, nabu and miles.  I actually have two (three?) bonus albums coming for you dudes.  Nabu, did you get that black angels album?  Do you want it?  I am on a roll now.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 02:25:12 am »

Aight, shits been sent to paul, nabu and miles.  I actually have two (three?) bonus albums coming for you dudes.  Nabu, did you get that black angels album?  Do you want it?  I am on a roll now.

No I didn't and yes I do. Thank you!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 02:57:22 am »

Yeah, thanks Keith. fuck*ng loving SFA. Can't believe I went so long without listening to more than a couple songs by them.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 05:18:54 am »

Yeah, SFA is pretty fuck*ng awesome.  You should tell me what you think about them, as far as best albums or whatever.  I probably rotate between Radiator and Guerrilla, but Fuzzy Logic and Out Spaced have some finer tracks.  I am planning to put up the first Arcade Fire album and the early ep for paul, the newest Black Angels for Nabu, the two best Black Lips albums and some really good country music.  I am having trouble with the sites again, so I may send you dudes that stuff soon or I may not.  I will try though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 08:21:22 am »

Oh, and also Miles, Clouds Taste Metallic is the best album ever made.  If it isn't Priest Driven..., Hit to Death..., or Transmissions... is.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 01:32:53 pm »

Yeah, SFA is pretty fuck*ng awesome.  You should tell me what you think about them, as far as best albums or whatever.  I probably rotate between Radiator and Guerrilla, but Fuzzy Logic and Out Spaced have some finer tracks.

I've only been able to listen to Fuzzy Logic and Radiator (the other albums have only been on kind of in the background), and of the two I like Radiator. In fact, it help supports my theory that 1997 is the best year for guitar rock music in my lifetime, and is probably one of the better albums released that year.

Oh, and also Miles, Clouds Taste Metallic is the best album ever made.  If it isn't Priest Driven..., Hit to Death..., or Transmissions... is.

For some reason that was the only one I could download. I'll try the rest again today.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 07:17:14 pm »

For some reason that was the only one I could download. I'll try the rest again today.

I was having problems with the downloads too.  Try them again.  They all worked on the second go around.

On a Flaming Lips related note, a friend of mine who drove up to OKC for their NYE show told me on Saturday night that our friend Andy Don and his sweetie were married on stage by Wayne Coyne.  That is frikkin' Awesome!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 05:12:06 pm »

Oh, and also Miles, Clouds Taste Metallic is the best album ever made.  If it isn't Priest Driven..., Hit to Death..., or Transmissions... is.

It's all fuck*ng incredible. I can't believe all these years I only bothered listening to Soft Bulletin and after. Thanks again.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 07:08:26 pm »

It's all fuck*ng incredible. I can't believe all these years I only bothered listening to Soft Bulletin and after. Thanks again.

Ditto!  Thanks again Keith.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 10:33:07 pm »

this inspired me to finally listen to "The Mushroom Tapes" and they are pretty rad. mostly made me want to listen to the "real" versions of the songs, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2011, 06:29:20 am »

Alright, I went a little overboard, but I am sending Paul, Nabu and Miles a shit load of links.  Really good country, first arcade fire + ep, black lips good albums, black angels, and a bunch of other stuff.  I know out of the three of you, at least one has heard every album, but probably not all of you have.  I will send this to anyone else that wants like, I don't know, some good albums I have been listening to recently. 

I also downloaded that tom waits thing and may be able to get it on an upload site if LFM or anyone else wants it.  I don't know, but I think I can do it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2011, 05:14:25 am »

I have so much new music it's absurd. I can't wait to get to listening!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another Christmas Chruestion.
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2011, 01:17:57 pm »

I have so much new music it's absurd. I can't wait to get to listening!

It's a good position to be in.  Thanks to everyone who has bestowed me with new music.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up