Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pat's new business venture  (Read 1930 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Pat's new business venture
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:47:56 pm »

Check it out.

I rode my bike to work/uni for going on three years so I sympathise, I do, but this wordy self righteous screed ain't going to win hearts and minds. Also are you riding with this in your hand? In a holster? How quickly are you going to pull it out when some asshole roars by?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Pat's new business venture
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:20:29 am »

Check it out.

I rode my bike to work/uni for going on three years so I sympathise, I do, but this wordy self righteous screed ain't going to win hearts and minds. Also are you riding with this in your hand? In a holster? How quickly are you going to pull it out when some asshole roars by?

my thoughts exactly
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pat's new business venture
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 04:09:21 am »

As always, loved the comment section on that page.

Seriously, though - today I was in the car, my wife was driving, and we came relatively close to barreling over a biker who flew straight through a stop sign (of course no helmet or a glance in our direction). I bike some, my wife bikes all the time. I want people to give bikers the benefit of the doubt, because drivers pretty much can't get hurt in an interaction between the two. But sweet jesus share the fuck*ng road. I hate when fuck*ng bikers do that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Pat's new business venture
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:47:43 am »

I get that for a lot of people riding is a social thing but when you're in a narrow road, with cars parked on the side and you ride two or, so help me, three abreast then you are not being considerate of those around you. When I ride my main motivation is to make myself as small a target as possible.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pat's new business venture
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 07:19:17 pm »

Seriously, if you're riding a bike I'm going to do the best I can to give you a wide berth.  But if you're not obeying the rules of the road, you're not where I'm looking out for you and I might just miss that you're there.

I wish more people understood that.  But then again I wish more people understood a lot of things.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Pat's new business venture
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 07:40:15 pm »

the other, other side of the issue:

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: [1]   Go Up