Sorry for the late response.
I've been looking into the so-called "Paleo" lifestyle/diet. It appears that there is a lot of (admittedly) anecdotal (though there is a study being done currently) evidence from folks with autoimmune issues who have had success with it. I came to it through Crossfit because I feel like my guts are getting more and more cantankerous the older I get (only 27, shouldn't really be a problem, but it is).
It adopts a self-proclaimed "evolutionary" or "anthropological" approach to diet, trying to emulate what what our ancestors ate for forever before the onset of civilization and agriculture in the last 6,000ish years. It basically boils down to a meat-based diet with fruits and vegetables and little to no gluten or processed foods.
I really am not one to go for diets or fads or whatever, and I've approached it with a healthy dose of skepticism. Problem is, I think that this thing is on its way to become the next "thing" in fitness crazes (it's had a couple of articles in the NYT), and I don't want to be associated with that. But if it works, it works.
I read
this book, and I'm about to start
this one. It lays out a lot of the science in an easy to understand way, with suggested further reading if you want to get into the scientific weeds. It has practical advice, too. The author has a
blog and podcast that both update regularly.
These blogs can give you some more information and lead you further along.
Anyway, I've been looking into this for a few months, and I've finally determined to give it a 30-day run to see what happens.
Note: I am not used to buying fresh, and this shit gets a little expensive sometimes. But no more expensive than eating out all the time, which is what I was doing anyway.
Just some thoughts. I have no personal results to credit or discredit this, but I should soon.