Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy whatever you do  (Read 3888 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 05:14:34 am »

Harrisburg must be a real blast.

i totally missed out on my new years "kiss".
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 01:17:07 pm »

Hogmany, people.  We must now refer to New Years as "Hogmany."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 02:33:21 pm »

Raleigh drops an acorn. Because we're the City of Oaks, for some reason?

Port Clinton, Ohio drops a walleye. It's papier-mache and it's even uglier than the actual giraffe. When I was a kid they always showed that on split-screen with the NYC apple instead of whatever the heck they drop in Toledo. Weirdness.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 03:32:38 pm »

atlanta drops a peach, because nobody is creative anywhere ever.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 04:57:40 pm »

I went to a party last night and the disco ball dropped (or fell) two minutes before midnight. Wasn't planned, just wasn't hung properly. Shitty party, too.

Edit: Happy New Year, y'all!

Edit: I can't fuck*ng type! And I only had two fuck*ng beers last night!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:03:57 pm by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 08:32:20 pm »

SO and I had the usual romantic night in.  Lobster pasta, wine and candles. It was a good night.  Made it until just after midnight, then tucked in for the night.

My gut's been ravaged by two months of illness and antibiotics, so even with one glass of wine and a single
Tom Collins I feel like total garbage and woke up twice during the night super nauseous.  It was a minor triumph that at my most nauseous I splashed some cold water on my face and prevented vomiting.

Today:  napping, Next Iron Chef marathon and drinking lots of water.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »

I like to believe that "lobster pasta" means that you had a team of lobsters making you pasta.

All little lobsters clutching tiny rolling pins with their claws.

A head chef lobster in a crisp jaunty chef-chapeau barking out orders in lobsterese.

Approaching the boiling water as tentatively as possible.

Refusing to use butter or lemons in their cuisine as a point of principle.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 10:20:33 pm »

We drop a barrel of oil into the ocean up here for NYE.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 11:02:35 pm »

Quote from: Choop
atlanta drops a peach, because nobody is creative anywhere ever.

To be fair, what other Atlanta-y things are there?

James Earl Jones voice dropping ten octaves during the countdown?

Counting off the ten people who show up to regular season Braves games?

Something... Coca-Cola related?

A giant statue of General Sherman and when the arm with the match in it reaches the ground, fireworks go off?

A peach seems like it would offend/confuse the least amount of people from all the above ideas.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 03:16:17 am »

I fell asleep at 9 PM like a dumbass.  We are out of town, staying in a hotel, and to get the girls to fall asleep we end up bunking with them.  We are in a suite, so the idea was that after the girls were out we'd go out to the front room, drink champagne, watch the ball drop.  But I conked the hell out.  I woke up at 11:51 and thought, "I can at least watch the ball drop," but then I saw the Mrs. was asleep as well, so to hell with it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy whatever you do
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 03:29:24 am »

my brother and i jumped in our friends pond.  even though it was in the upper 40s, he still had to break a hole in the ice with a shovel.  polar bears, i salute you.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up