Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!  (Read 1983 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
« on: December 30, 2010, 02:18:15 am »

its more likely than you think

"Setting aside the irony of these bloggers sticking their necks out for the same white Frenchmen they doubtlessly condemned as cowards or worse when France opposed the U.S. starting a war in Iraq, the ferocious racism in Huston and Green's remarks is nearly matched by their pronounced ignorance. It is because of France's imperial history and its laws regarding the legal immigration of former subjects and those born in former French territories (like Louisiana -- Gambit can run for President in France!) that the country finds itself with such a diverse population today, with a particularly large Arab demographic. In other words, Batman could hardly swing a batarang in Paris without hitting a Muslim, and that has been the case for decades."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 03:21:16 am »

Man.

So much to be disgusted with in this world, you know, and people are getting pissy #####ed over the religion of an incredibly minor fictional character?

I guess that everything else is fine in the world to this dude and that's the most horrifying thing left on his plate.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 06:44:09 am »

So I read the subject as "a non-white bateman in MY Paris?!" and really had no idea what to expect. Maybe something on the development of a French Arrested Development with an Algerian cast? Or a Franco-American Psycho? Or better yet, a French Justine Bateman biopic starring Lisa Bonet? Although the actual subject makes much more sense, I was initially a bit disappointed when I clicked the link.

And oh yeah, fuck bigots. Fuck 'em in the eye.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 03:19:45 pm »

That's fucked.

But I really want to know more about the franchise. Can I be the Batman for the Arctic Circle?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 03:25:36 pm »

That's fucked.

But I really want to know more about the franchise. Can I be the Batman for the Arctic Circle?

Are you a WASP?  If so, apply today!



Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 06:51:54 pm »

Pure white as the driven snow!

(A little jewish ancestry; that'll probably DQ me.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 01:32:41 am »

A white supremacist organization called the CCC.  How subtle.

Check out their Statement of Principles.  I especially enjoy the group shot at the bottom of the page.  Donald Templer is a total dream boat, no?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 02:08:04 am »

A white supremacist organization called the CCC.  How subtle.

I interviewed Gordon Lee Baum, their CEO for an article I wrote for a journalism class a few years ago.

I didn't realize they were the people behind this protest.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up