Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Map of the World  (Read 2451 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:55:51 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »

Lately I think a lot about how I think of Australia as being... America, but more. Arkansas with a beach.

I like "closed ports."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:33 pm »

This reminded me of a NOVA show I saw recently on the evidence that as recently as 50 million years ago the South Pole (and Antarctica in general) had a subtropical to tropical climate.  Giant sequoia trees.  Rainforests.  Large animals.  Still had the long summer days and winter nights though.   
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:44:50 pm »

Lately I think a lot about how I think of Australia as being... America, but more. Arkansas with a beach.

I like "closed ports."

That has to be a reference to that pandemic Flash game.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:01:08 pm »

yep! good game.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 01:00:27 am »

"Bjork" is my personal favorite.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 02:42:42 am »

I have only lived in Stonerland and Freaksville and would never care to live anywhere else.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:45:24 pm »

I have only lived in Stonerland and Freaksville and would never care to live anywhere else.

Is it because people are more open-minded and less provincial there?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 09:11:28 pm »

Is it because people are more open-minded and less provincial there?

they like to think theyre more open-minded.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 09:38:43 pm »

My dad would say they're so open-minded, their brains fell out.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 01:33:20 am »

What August Said.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 02:29:16 am »

I have travelled throughout Jesus and Meth extensively. I've had some good times in Lawlessness for sure.

I've briefly toured Lazy Fucks and Corrupt and Broken.

They're all fun places to spend a coupla weeks now and again.

But I am comfortable enough with myself to admit what my comfort zone is. Stoners or Freaks for me!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 12:13:12 pm »

So now I need to know what Arkansas is like.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: A Map of the World
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 05:35:05 pm »

So now I need to know what Arkansas is like.

its nestled firmly in the "Jesus and meth" region.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: [1]   Go Up