Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Commercial Bowl Thread  (Read 4252 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 05:21:54 pm »

Here's a commercial that ran here locally.  Me and my dad were trying to work this one out.  Glad to see that we weren't the only one's that found it silly.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:49 pm »

I will not willingly do business with any company that uses talking baby ads. Fuck. That. Noise.

The reverse 1984 ad was OK.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 09:07:00 pm »

I thought the NFL spot with the sitcom characters all having football apparel was amusing.  For a brief moment I thought about seeking it out online to determine which characters were wearing which teams' stuff, but thought the better of it.  Fortunately, we have Deadspin to do it for us.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 10:15:31 pm »

All I know is that girl from the Blackeyed Peas can't sing for shit.

QFT.  Hooray for auto-tune, I suppose.  Furthermore, I ain't saying she's ugly, I ain't saying I'd kick her out of bed for eating crackers.  But honestly, she ain't all that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 10:23:34 pm »

...she ain't all that.

yea and verily, her lady lumps, while sufficient, are not as big of a deal as the song implies.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 11:56:56 pm »

All I know is that girl from the Blackeyed Peas can't sing for shit.

Fergie is like the worst pop star ever. Terrible.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 03:51:06 pm »

Fergie is like the worst pop star ever. Terrible.

she done been rode hard and put up wet.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 05:25:47 pm »

This post makes me sad.  Yes, it's a tiny slice of Americans.  But while I think it's unfortunate that she flubbed the anthem, it isn't THAT big a deal, and I don't pretend to know anything about her as a person based on it.  Apparently some people just can't wait to be a cock to a stranger.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 02:06:32 am »

I learned a new word today, oversouling.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 02:58:21 am »

I'm not sure where that writer gets the idea that "melisma" means "the bending of syllables for bluesy or soulful effect," but for sure "oversouling" is a word we need. It's hard to fight something unless you have a good label for it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 03:01:51 am »

the term melisma for many notes on one syllable dates back to the middle ages. i like to call it miasma.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Commercial Bowl Thread
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 03:35:54 am »

I have never heard "melisma," only "melismatic."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up