Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Store  (Read 9735 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

atalkingdog

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Achewood Store
« on: February 18, 2011, 10:29:22 am »

Did the Achewood Store close?

I wanted to buy a t-shirt and couldn't find the link.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 12:05:56 pm »

onstard would rather beg for money than provide entertainment or merchandise. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 02:20:07 pm »

I'm starting to be torn between the impotent rage and frustration I've been feeling and a growing concern for Onstad's well-being.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 03:23:46 pm »

Yeah, it's a fine line between artistic temperment and emotional pathology. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 04:29:20 pm »

One might argue that the artistic temperment IS a sort of emotional pathology.

I would, for example.

I would argue that. haha.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 05:19:39 pm »

One might argue that the artistic temperment IS a sort of emotional pathology.

frank lloyd wright, for instance.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 07:10:59 pm »

I mean, I hope the movie went into production and his hours are going there...but I don't think this one has such as a blue-sky such as that, y'know.

If there were a movie we would have heard about it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 08:44:46 pm »

Did the Achewood Store close?

I wanted to buy a t-shirt and couldn't find the link.

The store vanished without mention a few months back. Other than that we don't know more than you do, really.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:34:10 pm »

If it was that the guy got a normal-folk job or had some big film or television option brewing...

Would he still be rifling through his notebooks for random sketches to keep the donations and scamscription site parts going?

I suppose it is possible but it doesn't seem to parse out logically.

If those were the case, I have to think he'd just flat-out announce an end or announce a sabbatical or something.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 01:09:48 am »

I love the logical extension of what Ash is laying out.

"What are you doing working in an office, Chris? Quit fuck*ng around and talking about your DREAMS of WORKING IN AN OFFICE! I don't care about your DREAMS, the children are STARVING, Chris! Get back to your REAL JOB where you draw teddy bears getting stoned with housecats! Mother warned me, you know, Mother warned me not to marry a dreamer like you. I told her... I told her all that talk about accounting and coding, those were just old childish fantasies... I told her you had a steady job now, using a Mac to draw gay *****s for the internet. I TOLD HER YOU CHANGED, CHRIS, YOU MADE ME LIE TO MY MOTHER! Get BACK in this house and DRAW AN OTTER WHO THINKS HE MARRIED A FLOWER while drunk and in your underwear like a MAN! Like a GROWN UP MAN! PROVIDE for your fuck*ng children, Chris!"

Like an inside-out DEATH OF A SALESMAN and shit.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 01:54:47 am »

I'd give that ten thousand cans, but I don't want to upset Ash with all the changes going on in his life and all. Instead let's say you're forgiven ten thousand excess ellipses.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

atalkingdog

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 03:26:00 am »

Oh.  well.  hopefully he made enough money to take a break, if that is what he needed.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:31 am »

I'd give that ten thousand cans, but I don't want to upset Ash with all the changes going on in his life and all. Instead let's say you're forgiven ten thousand excess ellipses.

wombat you are the queen of awesome
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dullscythe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 22
  • :(
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 08:22:48 am »

You guys are kind of giving me the depression talking about Onstand this way

Not because I think you are wrong or anything, but because I am worried you are correct
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Store
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 08:38:13 pm »

You guys are kind of giving me the depression talking about Onstand this way

Not because I think you are wrong or anything, but because I am worried you are correct

We didn't know how right we were.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up