Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman  (Read 18785 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 06:27:30 pm »

my faith won't be restored until regular updates happen for a few weeks in a row, sorry

hey jerk screw you for having an opinion i'm taking your cans away
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 06:55:23 pm »

Hey, fuck, man. Where's my comic for today? What's the holdup already!

It's not March yet.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 03:51:34 am »

Hey, remember when Onstad rebooted the strip and got back on track?  That was 10 days ago.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 07:03:16 am »

I was going to wait until about a month out, so it didn't bite me in the face immediately but I just want to say I'm glad we got through this and can put this disasteful episode behind us and go back to remembering Achewood as it was and not as the horrific, lurching zombie of a comic it has become.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 03:50:25 pm »

I don't really think we can hope for more than weekly updates, so at this point he's missed a week.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 05:06:52 pm »

I don't really think we can hope for more than weekly updates, so at this point he's missed a week.

I'm going with this. Missing one update isn't bad, right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 05:24:14 pm »

feels like my livejournal
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 05:52:40 pm »

The webcomic business must be more lucrative than we realized if Onstad can afford to retire at this point in his career.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 04:15:43 am »

Huh? Who would have retired him?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 04:35:25 am »

Economic reality, a loss of artistic push, lopping off his hands putting a roof on his backyard deck...

Oh, that...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 05:52:21 am »

I'm sure I've asked this before, but is there a website anywhere on the internet that features webcomic news?  If not, seems like that's a niche that needs to be filled.  I'm not just talking out of my ass if I say that Onstad is one of the top stars in the webcomic game?  Just as I'm sure that his absence surely must be noticed by others besides us, right?  Seems like someone should be reporting on this. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 06:28:31 am »

There's Fleen: Home of the Webcomic Action News Team I haven't read them but I always thought they were more about critique than paparazzi photos of onstad and his new african baby. I'm happy to be wrong though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 08:09:31 am »

What's a chapbook, and are they something that is rad for $2.99?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 08:58:39 am »

There's Fleen: Home of the Webcomic Action News Team I haven't read them but I always thought they were more about critique than paparazzi photos of onstad and his new african baby. I'm happy to be wrong though.

That's a pretty good site.  He's basically just a super fan with good taste writing about the comics he loves.  He's not got any inside information, though.

I found a few interesting things to check out from his site.  I bookmarked him.

I did see this. 

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »

I like to imagine that he's living the "'Stad dream."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up