Yeah, what I was trying to say was, even if the output is not the same, that is not how you judge. When we decide who our great writers are we don't count up how many books they wrote, right?
That's not the question we were debating. I think it's pretty much agreed that Onstad is a great writer. In my own personal opinion Achewood is at least equal to Calvin and Hobbes and in many ways it's superior even.
But if he's sick of it, is it fair to compare him to Watterson who produced 7 comics a week for 10 years when Onstad has produced much much less over that same amount of time*. Or is it merely a function of time? For him to be sick of it even if he's not got nearly as much done in that time.
As far as the tweets there is nothing about writing tweets that necessarily takes away from getting other creative work done so I don't think we can blame that. Twitter can actually be a good writing exercise.
If he's "exercising" on twitter he needs to get his ass out of the gym and back in the game, or however that metaphor works.
Well, at least we know from Twitter that if he can afford to go to Disneyland the family isn't starving because I can't buy another apron. Damn, I really need another apron though.
Yes! He's obviously making enough money to afford an expensive vacation. That strongly suggest that he's gotten himself a job. Come to think of it, that's probably why he moved to Portland so he could accept a job offer.
I also believe he has a second unreported child. He's leaving
notes for the delivery man. Do you still worry about "waking the baby" when they are what, 6-7 years old?
*Who's our stats guy, Ash? What's the weekly average for Achewood over the entire course of it's run? Total number of strips divided by weeks it's been published?