Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman  (Read 18773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:27 pm »

  Do you still worry about "waking the baby" when they are what, 6-7 years old?

If I'd spent a whole day at Disneyland with a 6 year old, fuck yeah. I'd probably slip a sedative into their chocolate milk at that point.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 01:31:52 am »

IIRC, BabyStad is just a hair younger than my son, which would make her just about to turn 6.

I think there's another kid, too. I seem to recall something a while back where he said "buy stuff to feed our growing family."

Either way, though, I mean, seriously. Do, or do not, fer reals.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 10:13:22 am »

If you have to worry about them waking up after a day at the c*ck house,

Just want to be vocal again about loving the fuck out of this filter.

edit: Oh wait, did Ash predict the filter and get alternately filtered. There's so many layers.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 12:19:19 pm »

But if he's sick of it, is it fair to compare him to Watterson who produced 7 comics a week for 10 years when Onstad has produced much much less over that same amount of time*.  Or is it merely a function of time? For him to be sick of it even if he's not got nearly as much done in that time.

For fuck's sake, it should be evident that me bringing up C & H in the first place should be an indication that I think they're equally great comic strips. For fuck's sake. The part about "if only Achewood had the same output..." takes place in la la land, a land of imagination where there's rainbows for breakfast and Optimus Prime plays the bass in your band. I was merely wishing out loud. I'll put away the chess board again, don't worry...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:26:11 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2011, 04:36:54 pm »

Okay so I was bored this morning.

Apparently The Lancet is an online medical journal.  The only thing Google can tell me about  Space Oreo is he/she is an author on Urban Dictionary.  Kombucha boarding sounds made up, but Kombucha is a real thing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 05:18:36 pm »

Apparently The Lancet is an online medical journal.

It's also, you know, one of the oldest and most famous medical journals around.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 05:22:24 pm »

It's also, you know, one of the oldest and most famous medical journals around.

No, I had no idea,  sorry.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 06:34:26 pm »

My old friend in Tucson, Adam, he swears by kombucha.

It is also the most disgusting thing commerically available for ingestion in the world.

Anthony Bourdain's all "I'd prefer a Big Mac" to that foul foul shit.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 06:37:57 pm »

Anthony Bourdain's all "I'd prefer a Big Mac" to that foul foul shit.

[citation needed]
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2011, 04:28:23 am »

My old friend in Tucson, Adam, he swears by kombucha.

It is also the most disgusting thing commerically available for ingestion in the world.

Anthony Bourdain's all "I'd prefer a Big Mac" to that foul foul shit.

I'm a somewhat adventurous eater, I mean I wouldn't win any contests or anything, but I'm game for most things people put in front of me, but:

Quote
Kombucha is available commercially and can be made at home by fermenting tea using a visible, solid mass of yeast and bacteria which forms the kombucha culture which is often referred to as the "mushroom" or the "mother".

What the fuck? That's like the most terrible thing I could dream up to ingest not involving shit or mucus or some gross animal part. From that description I'd rather drink piss.

LFM: did you live in Tucson or does your friend just live there now?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2011, 04:42:27 am »

Quote
...fermented... using a visible, solid mass of yeast and bacteria... which is often referrred to as the... "mother".

Isn't that pretty much how vinegar is made?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2011, 05:03:50 am »

I've never lived in Tucson, no.

Buddy from high school who bounced around all over the place before falling in love with the place and getting his masters in social work there.

I've visited, though. I'd live there if there was any meaningful work for myself and my girlfriend.

Great arthouse cinema, great bookstores. Truly solid fuckin' college town with nice Mexican and Native America touches around the edges.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2011, 05:04:44 am »

Sorry to threadjack this thread back to original topic, but:


Seeing this "we're back" strip kind of offends me.  It really offends me.  I spent months of my life checking achewood first thing when waking up and last thing before going to sleep.  Spent hours at a time browsing the archives.  But now I click the random comic button once and then I no longer want to read.

I don't know if I even find it funny anymore.  The characters used to really be alive.  They would breathe and communicate with you, but now, who are they?  I was fully immersed and absorbed in the world and then it disintegrated.  It feels like I've been broken up with.  I was completely in love, and now she ignores my calls.

I don't think it's possible to get back to that place.  The characters have been dead for too long, I don't check the site that often, I haven't posted here or even lurked in months.  I don't even like webcomics anymore.  Just the Drew and Natalie comics, maybe cat and girl once in the blue, all the rest of them can fuck off and die.

I've honestly been hurt, and don't believe it.  I hope this shitty comic doesn't even come back.

Fuck.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2011, 05:50:38 am »

You could always pay three dollars a month to very occasionally read his tossed-off sketches?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 05:56:28 am »

Great arthouse cinema, great bookstores. Truly solid fuckin' college town with nice Mexican and Native America touches around the edges.

And home of the Tucson Toros, former farm club for the Astros.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up