Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman  (Read 18709 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dullscythe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 22
  • :(
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2011, 07:15:17 am »

So like, back when this latest strip went up I gave Onstad some money via the tip button thing he's got going on. Because I figured it would encourage him to do more, I guess?

I feel like I may have been foolish, now.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2011, 09:37:12 am »

OH BE NICE
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2011, 01:08:07 pm »

Has the prodigal son re-returned?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:11 pm »

Returning from like a week with only cellphone internet...

Yeah.

Still the "return non return" strip.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2011, 08:28:51 pm »

Returning from like a week with only cellphone internet...

Yeah.

Still the "return non return" strip.

I've been following your quest to get internet service on Facebook. Hooray for having it back!

However, as glad as I am to see you, LFM, I was actually talking about Judy, who has been gone longer and without explanation.

::glares diapprovingly at Judy::
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2011, 02:52:41 am »

Hey wait remember when Ray was raising his nephew?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2011, 03:12:33 am »

Quote
However, as glad as I am to see you, LFM, I was actually talking about Judy, who has been gone longer and without explanation.

This is my greatest fear in one sentence.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »

With all of this whining about what he might be doing instead of making comics, we have been doing a very poor job of internet-stalking.
http://farmergeneral.com/about/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »

"Do Not Go Lentil Into That Good Night."

"Put That In Your Crock and Simmer It."

At least we know the man still lives and breathes.

Edit: A second look tells me that neither of those titles are his, but this Sarah person seems wonderful.

Also:

Quote
We currently update M/W/F, for your enjoyment.

Ha! Ha, ha ha. Ha ha.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2011, 08:06:02 pm »

I haven't taken time to look through the site much, but it brought to mind an article a friend recently shared.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2011, 09:41:48 pm »

Dead. To. Me.

I was just saying that I wished there were more pretentious foodies on the internet.

No wait.  I wasn't.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2011, 10:14:51 pm »

I was just saying that I wished there were more pretentious foodies on the internet.

No wait.  I wasn't.

You should read that article I posted above.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2011, 10:20:05 pm »

By my count, he has posted ONE entry there.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2011, 11:24:49 pm »

All in all, upon finishing my reading, I imagined a little boy who stepped out from a screen of Zorro to witness his parents gunned down in an alleyway by Ronald MacDonald.

"Did you ever," the clown might have asked the boy, "dance with the devil in food folks and fun?"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20-02-11 - Knocked up by some smooth-talkin' FedEx deliveryman
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2011, 01:36:56 am »

man, that Atlantic article is so dumb.
"the real arts"
"if culinary perfection is achieved, the meal becomes downright holy" is a major misreading of that section of the Omnivore's Dilemma.
"Is any other subculture reported on so exclusively by its own members? Or with a frequency and an extensiveness that bear so little relation to its size?" music? art?

also of course it turns into dumb-ass vegetarian moralizing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up