Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Democracy in the Middle East  (Read 2205 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Democracy in the Middle East
« on: February 24, 2011, 03:07:54 pm »

Not the bullshit slogans of the Bush Administration, but actual democracy rising up from the streets of Egypt, Tunisia, and now Libya and even Saudi Arabia.

I guess the right wing in this country is waiting to see how it goes before they try to take credit for this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Democracy in the Middle East
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 04:07:31 pm »

Not the bullshit slogans of the Bush Administration, but actual democracy rising up from the streets of Egypt, Tunisia, and now Libya and even Saudi Arabia.

I guess the right wing in this country is waiting to see how it goes before they try to take credit for this.

I'd give you a can for this, but I just spent one on you elsewhere. If I was a mod, I'd just give you 2735 cans and call it good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Democracy in the Middle East
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:14:50 pm »

regardless of what wing theyre on, id guess all the movers and shakers are waiting and watching to see what kind of deals and how much money they can make out of it.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy in the Middle East
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:27:35 pm »

regardless of what wing theyre on, id guess all the movers and shakers are waiting and watching to see what kind of deals and how much money they can make out of it.
Free countries trade more and grow more. We all make money on democracy. (I made percentage points on the oil spike, but Saudi Arabia had to go and ruin that fun)

I don't think anyone can claim responsibility for this except for the crew with the largest balls in the universe that is taking to the streets. That or the CIA. I could easily be sold the idea that we were in on this from the inside.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:44:37 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy in the Middle East
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 10:17:11 pm »

...largest balls in the universe...the CIA...

I think that they are mostly mutually exclusive terms these days. Maybe back in the '60s. Now if you said Mossad, I might be on board.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Democracy in the Middle East
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 11:02:43 pm »

He did say "or", but some of the referents are a little unclear to me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy in the Middle East
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 11:44:16 pm »

Referant doesnt get enough air time. Keep up the good fight.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up