Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.  (Read 3675 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« on: March 02, 2011, 12:22:58 am »


Naturally, Wombat's favourite gets the treatment.

Linky to original article
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 12:55:31 am »

Chuck doesn't seem like he can quite handle it. I was thinking about this today. Obviously Keef was always in control of his substances. I worry a bit about Charlie - he's not as clearly out of control as Belushi or Chris Farley or Corey Haim, but the drugs are using him, not the other way around.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:25:41 am »

I think hes just manic. Everything he says points to someone in a state of mania. Throw in the access to millions of dollars and youve got charlie. He passes drug tests on the reg these days, so I dont think the recent behavior can be blamed on drugs, although he did make a brief mention of lion blood, which is either a metaphor, or the powerful anabolic steroid you can buy easily on the internets.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 01:26:57 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 04:57:57 am »

I think hes just manic. Everything he says points to someone in a state of mania. Throw in the access to millions of dollars and youve got charlie. He passes drug tests on the reg these days, so I dont think the recent behavior can be blamed on drugs, although he did make a brief mention of lion blood, which is either a metaphor, or the powerful anabolic steroid you can buy easily on the internets.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, old bean.  The interview I saw with him yesterday made me think "pathological" not "hopped up on goofballs".

A certain amount of it may also be cynical attention whoring.  But it's hard to figure how he'd make such shenanigans pay.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 05:05:31 am »

A certain amount of it may also be cynical attention whoring.  But it's hard to figure how he'd make such shenanigans pay.

So I haven't been following the news at all, not even on google or the little news banner thing on my phone. But twitter's blowing up with the dude, and that can't be the only medium. Sometimes attention is pay enough to a whore.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 06:19:15 am »

Quote
“I am on a drug – it’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”

This sounds like something Axe Cop would say.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 02:40:22 pm »

I am so not feeling this Charlie Sheen meme, even baby sloths aren't helping.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 03:38:23 pm »

I am not completely sold on the idea that he is clean and sober, as opposed to experiencing a little lull - a calm before the storm, if you will. All the best to CS, but I know how that stuff goes pretty intimately.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 04:53:14 pm »

I hope so too. He does not have the kind of brain-wiring that mixes well with vast amounts of income. I hope his deal works out like Robt Downey Jr's. I didn't think he was going to make it, either, and he seems to be ok.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up