Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse  (Read 38005 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 01:42:14 pm »

When's opening day anyhow?

Thursday, March 31.  Six games that day, instead of the recent trend of having Yankees-Red Sox or some other big-market matchup as the only game on a Sunday night.

Braves-Nats is truly the first game (along with Tigers-Yankees) at 1:05 in the afternoon.  If work isn't too horrible, I'll be there.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 02:01:20 pm »


Braves-Nats is truly the first game (along with Tigers-Yankees) at 1:05 in the afternoon.  If work isn't too horrible, I'll be there.

I thought the Reds always played the first game.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 04:13:02 pm »

I thought the Reds always played the first game.

That tradition died a while ago.  Blame ESPN.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 05:09:21 pm »

I'd be willing to commish if it isn't too arduous, but I'm much more comfortable doing it for football, as I don't know anything about baseball other than the fact that Sandy Koufax wasn't a Cub.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 06:51:10 pm »

I'd be willing to commish if it isn't too arduous, but I'm much more comfortable doing it for football, as I don't know anything about baseball other than the fact that Sandy Koufax wasn't a Cub.

After the initial set up there's literally nothing to it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 06:52:37 pm »

After the initial set up there's literally nothing to it.

Well, I guess I'm up for it, then. I head back to work today/tomorrow, so if this weekend isn't too late for everybody, I will set it up.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 04:22:13 pm »

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/tos?league_id=177702&password=nicepete

League name: Achewood Memorial Baseball
League number: 177702
Password: nicepete

Holy crap are there a lot of scoring categories. I entertained the idea of adding/changing some, but I don't know enough and don't want to screw up the balance. If anyone is interested in having any changes made, post 'em here and we'll talk about them.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:31:34 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 05:05:19 pm »

I'm the Debauched Sloths.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 06:14:09 pm »

Thanks Nabu.

You got the Oakey Blues playing as well. The only immediate change I'd make is to go to one instead of two divisions.

There's something I like about having divisions, but if we don't get like 16 teams then it's not as cool. However, I don't know shit from shinola, so I am cool with not having divisions.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 06:51:39 pm »

Let me help you with one problem and also suggest that we can change the division things later depending on the number of teams.

Well, I found my special purpose, so I'm good with that, anyway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 09:03:14 pm »

I have decided my name is Mr. Mixed Pickles this year.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 11:09:01 pm »

(The name is based on my inability to pronounce the name of the 5-dimension imp Superman occasionally battles.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »

Mixtle - plix or whatever?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 12:08:30 am »

Yessir.

Mister Mixedpickles.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 02:28:20 pm »

DERP
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up