Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse  (Read 38083 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2011, 04:05:33 am »

more random BS from me:

baseball no-stars
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2011, 05:39:12 am »

I don't think the Rangers are a popular team.  Fill up that non DFW area of Texas with Cubs fans instead.  They seem to be very popular down here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2011, 06:21:18 am »

This game is... starting to come back to me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2011, 06:44:56 am »

I remember this now. This is when my pitching sucks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2011, 04:01:15 pm »

If I could find a deal fair to both of us, I could do to trade some of my outfield depth for a mediocre closer, to bump me up in the saves category.

Just throwing that out there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2011, 04:43:55 pm »

I have entirely too many third basemen.  I am keeping Zimmerman, but Beltre or McGehee could be had in a deal.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2011, 05:15:15 pm »

Hmmmmm. Yeah, actually when Youklis positionally qualifies for it, I'm gonna be flush at the hot corner too.

My big concerns right now are mainly relief pitching and the fact that my best hitter who qualifies at catcher is a part-time player so I'm gonna have to either get another dude down the road or do a lot of fuck*ng juggling.

Starting pitching, I'm okay but you could always have more, you know?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2011, 06:50:08 pm »

Hmmmmm. Yeah, actually when Youklis positionally qualifies for it, I'm gonna be flush at the hot corner too.

My big concerns right now are mainly relief pitching and the fact that my best hitter who qualifies at catcher is a part-time player so I'm gonna have to either get another dude down the road or do a lot of fuck*ng juggling.

Starting pitching, I'm okay but you could always have more, you know?

No, I don't know. Now is when I remember that baseball is pretty much incomprehensible to me, and dealing with a fantasy baseball team involves entirely too much work for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2011, 07:45:35 pm »

In the first two games, the Chicago White Sox got thirty hits.

Their only starter without a hit is Alex Rios.

In the first two games, Mister Mixedpickles has started Alex Rios.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2011, 10:00:38 pm »

He blistered two balls today. One was to the warning track and the other was a line-out stopped by a diving Jack Hannahan.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »

Taking a road series against a bad team isn't such a huge thing but for the Mets, I will celebrate this notion way too much.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2011, 03:18:11 pm »

I'm not saying I don't understand this, but I apparently picked up the worst pitcher in baseball just before he had the worst performance of his life?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2011, 03:55:55 pm »

I think it'll be OK, Nabu. You people are hitting the piss out of the ball. I'm lucky it's even close at this point.

Well, see, that's the thing - for some reason the hitting makes sense to me, so I can do pretty well on that, but the pitching doesn't. So I'll get killed in the pitching, and then actually have to compete in the hitting, which means I'll sit at about 30% success.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2011, 04:27:55 pm »

how's come benched players register points? what's the ding dang point of the bench? my bench hasn't registered any points, but the mayor is kicking me up and down the base line because of his benched players' points.

looks like i need new players at C and 3B, that's for sure.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2011, 04:38:30 pm »

how's come benched players register points?

Those are points they scored while in the line-up.  You can move your players from the active lineup to the bench on a daily basis.  So if it's a day when some teams have off-days, you shift the guys on the bench who are active to the line-up for guys who are off.  When there's a full slate of 15 games, that's when you have to decide who plays and who sits.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up