Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse  (Read 38060 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2011, 05:32:44 am »

Whoever plays the Yankees.

I too like to pull for an underdog.

Once the Nats are over and done, I revert to my old Philly-fan ways.

When that happens do you suddenly become an asshole?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2011, 03:58:12 pm »

You bet. I throw batteries and puke on people.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2011, 01:46:51 am »

I too like to pull for an underdog.

Well, yeah, there is something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.

(sorry, I took that from the office, which is now a show for unexceptional people to watch)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2011, 02:06:59 am »

I may be  unexceptional, probably am, don't know, don't care.  I know you didn't mean it though.  You think I'm awesome!

The point I was making is I was trying to humorously point out that basically anyone that plays the Yankees is the underdog, that's why they are so hated because they are almost always at the top of the game.  That changed for about a minute and a half when Bllly Beane learned how to play Moneyball.  Of course now every team plays Moneyball and the Yankees have risen back to the top of the heap.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2011, 03:22:42 pm »

The Yankees are hated for that reason and the fact that they outspend everyone else. I don't think they have the starting pitching to win it this year, though.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2011, 01:39:36 pm »

Earlier in the week, a member of the Nats' fan community on Twitter asked "Who are you rooting for in the playoffs, since the Nats aren't in it?" And I couldn't answer, because if I said the Phillies, they'd all unfollow me.

But I guess I don't have that to worry about anymore. The Brewers have a hell of a squad, and unlike most Nats fans I actually like Nyjer Morgan. And the Tigers' first base coach is from my hometown. So, either of those.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2011, 07:23:33 pm »

As others have said elsewhere, great game last night and great series so far. I am having trouble making up my mind who I'd rather see win.

In St. Louis' favor: I have more friends who are Cardinals fans than Rangers fans, including a very good friend of mine who I've been to like 8 or 10 ballparks with (he was at the game last night), so I'd like to see them happy. Also the Rangers are from Texas, specifically Dallas, which means I shouldn't like them (sorry Paul). Furthermore, the Rangers are a reincarnation of the Washington Senators, which further means I should hate them for stealing our team.

For the Rangers: And yet on some gut level, I find myself pulling for the Rangers. Their fan base has suffered for a long time, and I always have affinity for that. The Cardinals have much more recent success. Also, LaRussa is kind of a dick, and overrated.

Well, whatevs, I just hope for another good game tonight. Preferably one that's over by 11:30 or so.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2011, 07:32:39 pm »

Also the Rangers are from Texas, specifically Dallas, which means I shouldn't like them (sorry Paul).

No apology necessary.  You're preaching to the choir on that one.

LaRussa is kind of a dick, and overrated.

Yeah, every time the dude wins a championship they start talking about how great he is.  Ha ha...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2011, 12:27:48 am »

Pitching staff is really lighting the world on fire tonight.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2011, 02:20:44 am »

Once the Cardinals stole last night, the Rangers have been pretty much fucked...

Carpenter's the only real Big Boy Ace between these two staffs and that matters a lot.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2011, 03:41:14 am »

CARDS WIN! CARDS WIN!  CARDS WIN!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2011, 09:05:55 pm »

hoo boy that was fun. Watched the first half while cooking stew at my friend's house. They had to take over because I kept wandering off to watch the game.
Then listened to part in the car on the way to a bar.
Then saw the last 2 innings at a bar filled with weird hipsters who were very excited about the game. Lots of cheering and kissing and stuff when they won. Very fun.

In St Louis, even the weird hipster bar patrons can quote you the batting averages of various players. Funny.

Read a thing this morning that I enjoyed. Some reporter was asking Earl Weaver why it's called the World Series when mostly only American teams compete.
"I didn't name it, but we beat everyone who showed up"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #237 on: October 30, 2011, 12:13:56 am »

To be fair, though there's only teams in America and Canada... all the best players in the Western Hemisphere are playing in the American majors and, more and more, the best players in east Asia are playing at least part of their careers here.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:49 pm »

Overshadowed by all this Penn State business: the Nationals' starting catcher has been kidnapped while playing winter ball in his home country of Venezuela.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/washington-nationals-catcher-wilson-ramos-kidnapped-in-venezuela/2011/11/09/gIQAS8tz6M_story.html?hpid=z2

Shit be fucked up today.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: FakeBall Cowhide Sphere '11 - AKA Joe Schlabiotnik's Zobmie Corpse
« Reply #239 on: November 11, 2011, 11:22:24 pm »

Yeah, I heard that on the radio. Leave it to NPR to provide news on something other than the main thing going on Right Now.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up