Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: It's Time to MAN UP.  (Read 6125 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 02:38:23 pm »

AC is interested in a form of mentoring where he can have the minimum amount of contact possible with a kid, ideally shouting from a distance, and end up with a weed-free lawn. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 04:37:06 pm »

I'm not sure if a legion of Clint Eastwood-style mentors would be my worst nightmare or dream-come-true.  Maybe a mix of both.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 04:41:53 pm »

Hey, it worked for Clint Eastwood so why shouldn't all follow that model?

You saw how well that worked out for him.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 04:50:48 pm »

So I should target shrivelled up husks of mankind for mentors?

I can see the poster now:

Are you:
Empty?
Broken by the weight of the world?
Otherwise disenfranchised?

Come share how fucked up you are with a kid who may be more or less fucked up than you.  Possibly achieve redemption and/or get taken down by that bullet you've been waiting for all your life.

Call now!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »

So I should target shrivelled up husks of mankind for mentors?

I can see the poster now:

Are you:
Empty?
Broken by the weight of the world?
Otherwise disenfranchised?

Come share how fucked up you are with a kid who may be more or less fucked up than you.  Possibly achieve redemption and/or get taken down by that bullet you've been waiting for all your life.

Call now!

that is beautiful.  you get a can.  if i do it up on photoshop for the hell of it, will you be pissed?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 05:50:47 pm »

I will be pleased.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 09:20:28 pm »

i have new classes starting next week, so its going to be a while.  i promise not to forget and i'll post it here in the group for all to cheer/jeer.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 10:17:31 pm »

That's cool GKA.  Maybe I will put it up in my cubicle when my boss isn't looking for a laugh.

I should mention that Aboriginal men in Canada are criminalized.  Very similar to the African American population, many of my community's men get pulled over for Driving While Indian or other such things and have minor criminal records for the sort of youthful follies people who aren't brownish males get away with.  I'm not kidding - out of all the well mannered Aboriginal men I've had apply to volunteer, there is not one without a minor infraction of some sort.  I first ask them what they learned from their arrests, and if they learned something concrete from the error of their ways, I'm the first to admit to these young men that the difference between them and I is that they got caught.  I have to take each criminal offense to my boss and HR, if it was a long-time ago offense and/or not directly related to being dangerous around kids, they get the green-light.  I have had to turn away an ex-gang member who I genuinely believe had changed his ways, but then again, I know if I were a parent, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want my son being mentored by a guy who was in jail for manslaughter (murder charge pleaded down).
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 05:04:07 pm »

I think a-cap and others would like this blog despite the really dumb design.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 05:39:29 pm »

So I should target shrivelled up husks of mankind for mentors?

I can see the poster now:

Are you:
Empty?
Broken by the weight of the world?
Otherwise disenfranchised?

Come share how fucked up you are with a kid who may be more or less fucked up than you.  Possibly achieve redemption and/or get taken down by that bullet you've been waiting for all your life.

Call now!

that is beautiful.  you get a can.  if i do it up on photoshop for the hell of it, will you be pissed?

i haven't even started this yet, but i didnt forget my promise.  soon, bro's and sista's.  soon.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 06:45:29 pm »

Oh man.  That's awesome.  I had forgotten all about this until now.

As a matter of fact, I had to postpone my recruitment for the Man Up campaigne until September due to circumstances, so I'll be working on a real poster (non-snazzy, Publisher-style) soon too. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:38 am »

I had to postpone my recruitment for the Man Up campaigne until September due to circumstances

Does your campaign need a mentor?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 12:36:19 pm »

Does your campaign need a mentor mascot?
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 03:02:25 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time to MAN UP.
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 03:37:38 pm »

There are no words.  However, there are cans.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up