Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Board games  (Read 21393 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2013, 02:03:49 pm »

"Eating Tom Selleck's mustache to gain his powers"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2013, 08:15:45 pm »

Best/worst one the other night was:

________: Good to the last drop.

The winner?

"The Blood of Christ."

(I was judge, and the only Christian at the table).
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2013, 05:38:56 pm »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2013, 02:31:33 am »


http://i.imgur.com/VO8ss.jpg

I wish mine were that organized.

JL, I did get to play Tokaido on the 4th. It was fun but I had trouble remembering what did what. Some of the colors were too similar (though we were under very yellow lights) and the icons seemed tiny.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2013, 04:23:07 am »

I had trouble telling the rice paddy panorama spaces from the farms at first. Did you enjoy it otherwise though? I find it really different from just about anything else, and I have also found that the character of the game changes depending on who you play with.

I thought I'd already posted this, but ACap, where is that photo from?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2013, 01:00:54 pm »

I really need to figure out how to have a chance to play that game. I am sure I would be awesome at telling rice paddies from farms.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2013, 03:23:16 pm »

Well, if you can wait 'til mid-August I can bring my copy with me when I come up your way on vacation.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2013, 03:54:24 pm »

Are you stopping or just passing through?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2013, 01:03:42 am »

I had trouble telling the rice paddy panorama spaces from the farms at first. Did you enjoy it otherwise though? I find it really different from just about anything else, and I have also found that the character of the game changes depending on who you play with.

I thought I'd already posted this, but ACap, where is that photo from?

I did really poorly but I enjoyed it. I think I picked the wrong role card.

Have you played Egizia? It has a similar move as far as you want mechanic.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2013, 11:18:23 am »

I think I could get in to this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/captains-of-industry-city-hall-keller-double-featu?ref=live
and this for little nerds: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danshapiro/*****-turtles-the-board-game-for-little-programmer
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2013, 04:50:48 pm »

Are you stopping or just passing through?

How did I miss this reply? I ended up just passing through; things got derailed and we ended up shifting our departure and arrival days by one so it fucked our itinerary a bit. But I'll let you know if I'm heading up that way again any time soon.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »

Hey, did you quit your job?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2013, 10:57:07 pm »

I did not.

Yet.

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2013, 02:48:18 am »

I did not.

Yet.



She owns a part of it last I checked.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Board games
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2013, 05:59:33 am »

She owns a part of it last I checked.

No, I think she decided against that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up