Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: March Madness  (Read 3352 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March Madness
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 03:05:57 am »

Apparently, as I learned tonight when I saw a banner that engulfed an entire side of the downtown Hilton hotel (so much for your park view, suckers), that the Final Four is being held in my fair city.  This is cool.

Wish I could be there to see it.  And you.

GO CATS!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March Madness
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 07:46:39 am »

Okay, it doesn't exactly engulf the entire side of the building, but it is about nine stories high
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: March Madness
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 02:33:26 pm »

I am deeply conflicted about this VCU thing.  Mid-major, Virginia school, giant killer, ordinarily I'd be happy about this.  But, they're George Mason's #1 rival and I hate them.

Would Duke fans be happy if North Carolina made the final four?  No, no they would not.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March Madness
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 08:38:16 pm »

Apparently, as I learned tonight when I saw a banner that engulfed an entire side of the downtown Hilton hotel (so much for your park view, suckers), that the Final Four is being held in my fair city.  This is cool.

They'd better get a move on. March is almost over
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up