Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: the Butcher  (Read 8627 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the Butcher
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2011, 01:12:43 am »

Also, s_s.

Sometimes the things you write and the way you write them . . . I'm glad sorrow is only your neighbor now. That was hard for me to read.

Only Smells could break our hearts writing about mushrooms.

And only Paul would have a photo to go with it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the Butcher
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 03:12:03 am »

Paul, I really like the repeated "oh my goodness" you posted on your friend's photo of the morels.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the Butcher
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 05:56:00 am »

I did not realize I had done that.  Bad form on my part.  I was overcome with oh my goodness fever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the Butcher
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 02:40:17 pm »

Sometimes the things you write and the way you write them . . . I'm glad sorrow is only your neighbor now. That was hard for me to read.

It was hard for me to write actually.  I had a rough day after going there and ended up in tears a few times yesterday because of the feelings writing that brought up.  Best to get these things out though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: the Butcher
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 09:29:47 pm »

That whole basement scared the hell out of me, but later it was the only quiet place to go in a house full of people with their hearing aids turned off, so I'd sit down there with the badger, the bear and the dust and study for school.  The couch was right next to the door to the butchering area, so there was always that strange smell of blood and spices in the air (he made sausage at some point too).  It was a creepy refuge, and later a fitting setting for a suicide.
This is the most awesome (in Webster's sense of the word) thing I have read in a long time.  It took me right to that place.  The whole piece is excellent, from the textbook-perfect opening sentence.  Keep at it Mel - whatever else you do in your life, keep writing (even if it's just to us!).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the Butcher
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2011, 02:08:19 am »

Every time I see the title of this thread I think of Diablo.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up