Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: HEY CHRIS WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! WHERE ARE YOU? Finally answe  (Read 34058 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook

I first read that as "you can stay at his house" as in, he's so not tough that you can beat his ass and then make him put you up for the night.

his wife and daughter all cowering in the corner as tears of shame fall down their faces....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

I'm pretty smart - I bet I could figure out how to stream it over the internet.
Says the guy who sniveled over a little command line editing of a vlc script...

I keed, I keed.
;)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook

you just got called out, migg.  are you gonna let him get away with that?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

It did kinda read like the little speech a politician gives at the end of the night when he knows he's probably gonna lose but flabbityflurb.

Coming in late, but it's never too late to say "fuck you".
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

Says the guy who sniveled over a little command line editing of a vlc script...

I keed, I keed.
;)

CHING-CHONG, WING-WONG
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

I'm just now getting around to reading an article in a recent New Yorker about George RR Martin and the complaints he's been getting for YEARS about the lack of a new Song of Ice and Fire book:

Quote
The online attacks on Martin suggest that some readers have a new idea about what an author owes them. They see themselves as customers, not devotees, and they expect prompt, consistent service. Martin, who is sixty-two, told me that Franck calls the disaffected readers the Entitlement Generation: “He thinks they’re all younger people, teens and twenties. And that their generation just wants what they want, and they want it now. If you don’t give it to them, they’re pissed off.”

Sounds familiar, no?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I meant to post that here and somehow forgot. You all should read it, whatever side of this Battle of the Whines you are on, it's great.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I refuse to start reading Ice and Fire (or watching Game of Thrones) until the whole series is done. I don't want to be one of those people anxiously/annoyedly awaiting the next book. Then needing to reread the whole series when it finally does come out because I've forgotten what happened.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I wonder what gave them the idea they were customers?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

I refuse to start reading Ice and Fire (or watching Game of Thrones) until the whole series is done. I don't want to be one of those people anxiously/annoyedly awaiting the next book. Then needing to reread the whole series when it finally does come out because I've forgotten what happened.

I'm this way with Star Wars. Who needs the fuck*ng aggravation?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

And I still maintain that if you are writing a serial you have an obligation to your readers to finish it. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

And I still maintain that if you are writing a serial you have an obligation to your readers to finish it. 

It's people like you who drove Conan Doyle to believing in fairies.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

And I still maintain that if you are writing a serial you have an obligation to your readers to finish it. 

Or in the case of Stephen King, and the Dark Tower: fuck*ng knock it off already.  You finished it.  Quit it.  You loon.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile

GOD those last dark tower books destroyed my enjoyment of the first three. now i hear he's working on another. whatever, i'm done, ain't gonna read it. felcher.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

And I still maintain that if you are writing a serial you have an obligation to your readers to finish it. 

But unless you have your release schedule announced ahead of time, are you obligated to spend every waking hour working on said serial until it is done?

I'd rather GRRM take the time to write a book he thinks is good enough to release rather than rushing it because the internet wants it yesterday.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up