Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: HEY CHRIS WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! WHERE ARE YOU? Finally answe  (Read 34063 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

I just finished Dollhouse, actually -- I'd watched season one about a year ago but season 2 wasn't on netflix yet and it took me a while to get back around to it. I'm glad I finished; season 2 was very gratifying.

I started Firefly yesterday, looking forward to that. I'm still having trouble with hosss and train robberies on far-flung planets, but whatever. It's fun.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

I just finished Dollhouse, actually -- I'd watched season one about a year ago but season 2 wasn't on netflix yet and it took me a while to get back around to it. I'm glad I finished; season 2 was very gratifying.

Oh man, I couldn't agree more.  Season 1 was a bunch of "What can we show her ass and legs in this week?" (Which... I enjoy) but Season 2, especially towards the end, got into the nuts and bolts of the Dollhouse and how the entire operation was run.   That was SO much more interesting than the "Mystery of the Week" format they had running for most of the show.   

I think if the rotating cast and scenery of the clients was more of a background component and the Dollhouse/Corporate intrigue was more of a foreground component, they could have gone a lot farther with the show before it got the axe.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Oh man, I couldn't agree more.  Season 1 was a bunch of "What can we show her ass and legs in this week?" (Which... I enjoy) but Season 2, especially towards the end, got into the nuts

So I should stop watching after season 1 then.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

I started Firefly yesterday, looking forward to that.

 :-[
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Firefly rocks.

On a related note, I avoided Firefly for a long time because I thought it was another show that I caught one episode of once upon a time.  That other show was aboard a spaceship.  There were aliens on the crew.  There were no Aliens on Firefly.  What might that other show have been?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

So I should stop watching after season 1 then.

No, they still experiment to see what Eliza Dushku's ass and legs look like in various outfits.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

Firefly rocks.

On a related note, I avoided Firefly for a long time because I thought it was another show that I caught one episode of once upon a time.  That other show was aboard a spaceship.  There were aliens on the crew.  There were no Aliens on Firefly.  What might that other show have been?

Star Trek? I don't have much to go on here, man.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

Andromeda, Babylon 5, Cleopatra 2025, Deep Space Nine, Earth 2...

I couldn't think of something else for an F, so I'll stop there.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

Farscape.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Andromeda

Have I mentioned that that Kevin Sorbo is the worst actor ever?  Have I mentioned also, that I am obsessed with watching him act badly?  Lately I've watched a couple of his recent post Hercules post Andromeda movies.  Pure shit, both of them.

He plays a priest in both films.  The latest one is a real preachy Christian Drama.  It's just awful and he's awful in it.

But I haven't seen Andromeda, mainly because it's not available for instant view on Netflix.  So maybe that's the one.  This was probably 10 years ago.  I guess I need to put it in my queue.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile

farscape was an amazing series and was robbed of its audience by the scifi network jerking it around the schedule
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

farscape was an amazing series and was robbed of its audience by the scifi network jerking it around the schedule

Agreed. Though Paul has mentioned his distaste for it in the past.

I think it also suffered some of the same fate as Alias/and Whedon show. It appeals to a certain audience who watches new episodes ravenously but never watches the repeats. And the long arcs make it difficult for new viewers to start watching so they don't.

I started to rewatch it from the beginning but my TiVo got all pissy about the other shows I have taking up all it's space. I have all of Stargate: Universe on there. I recorded it on a whim figuring it would suck Atlantis-style but people I respect on Twitter say it's actually quite terrific.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Agreed. Though Paul has mentioned his distaste for it in the past.

Yeah, that's true, but something has changed.  I don't know what happened, but I love these trashy shows now.  I mean, I still can't stand shit like 24 or CSI or any of the other unrealistic bullshit programs if they take themselves too seriously.  If it's stupid, but campy I love it. 

Xena is the gold standard of this. Hercules is awesome and Kevin Sorbo can't act his way out of a paper bag.  Firefly was a really great show and I was sad when I ran out of episodes so quickly.  Battlestar Galactica was utterly preposterous.  I had to keep watching just to see what retarded plot development was coming next.  I loved every minute of it.  I've seen one episode of Farscape so far and it was pretty dang good.  I've also been watching Flash Gordon serials from the 30s.  They are just awful and I can't get enough of it.

I mean... I never watched any of those shows when they were new because I thought they all sucked.  And obviously, I watched an episode of Farscape back then and am on record here as saying as much..  Beats the hell out of me, but whatever.  Why question it?

Oh yeah! Also, Kolchak: The Night Stalker.  Love it!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

Battlestar Galactica was utterly preposterous.  I had to keep watching just to see what retarded plot development was coming next. 

Damnit that show was SO GOOD at the start of it.  It had some really acute political messages to the point where half the time you thought the humans were the bad guys, and then: BOB DYLAN SPACE ANGEL TIME TRAVEL GOD STUFF.

The follow up show "Caprica" had a really neat Neo-noir feel.  The characters were compelling.  The acting was good.  All that, I had trouble liking it, because it was the first chapter in a book that ended with BOB DYLAN SPACE ANGEL TIME TRAVEL GOD STUFF.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up