Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?  (Read 6567 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 09:32:35 pm »

Our block is between a Burger King and a local fried Chicken chain restaurant, so you can imagine the disgusting artifacts that are emmerging from the spring melt.  Nothing is worse than the Burger King crap emerging from the snow.  My dog is all "soggy, partially thawed three month old Whopper?  Yes Please!"  Bleh.

Break-up is something I really don't miss from living in Alaska. Thawing dog shit everywhere.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:54 pm »

Break-up is something I really don't miss from living in Alaska. Thawing dog shit everywhere.

Even worse is when the shit dissolves into a large poo puddle.  I should note the spring thaw always involves finding used syringes. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 09:40:29 pm »

Streetview doesn't clearly show that that one empty lot is empty due to arson, or which houses are abandoned, or that most of the fences are rotten and falling over.  I'm not sure how you missed all the abandoned borded up houses though.  Streetview is blocked at my office, otherwise I'd take you on a better tour.

I looked too, and it all seemed incredibly well kept. Perhaps we are looking at the wrong block? If not, even the abandoned houses are nicer in Canada.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 09:44:55 pm »

I used to be in our streetview pictures and they've put up new ones. I'm kind of bummed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 09:48:35 pm »

I'm in one of the streetview photos for the block where I live and for some reason I find this incredibly cool. I mean, it's not like I haven't got stuff all over the internet, so what's the big deal? I guess it's just the serendipity or something.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:40 pm »

I looked too, and it all seemed incredibly well kept. Perhaps we are looking at the wrong block? If not, even the abandoned houses are nicer in Canada.

That's interesting.  I'm not sure what you're looking at because I just spent a far too depressing time looking at streetview of my street, staring at the boarded up houses, empty lots and graffiti, and when you look at the street view of the park about four houses down from my house, which is empty of children on a fine summer day, there is the regular group of solvent drinkers/sniffers sitting on the only picnic table getting intoxicated.  One of the people in the photo is likely the guy they found dead in the same park the next spring.  The drug house across from mine was captured before the dealers got evicted, and you can see the smashed in window, open door, the abandoned row house on the corner, across from the park is boarded up and covered in graffit, and you can see the piles of garbage and used matress on the part of that lot that faces the street... plus I could point  you to two abandoned lots (one due to arson) and a house that has been totally boarded up for 8+ yrs all within my block.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 10:46:46 pm »

I looked again and found one building with boarded up windows, but then something happened and I was lost on the Trans-Canada Highway. Street view is an amazing thing but I find it really hard to navigate.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 11:07:21 pm »

I looked again too.  I saw an apartment building that is boarded up.  I was looking for the park with the meth drinkers, but couldn't find it.  I found a park, but no meth drinkers.  I traversed your street from Some random Indian place that you would never find in a million years to the Exxo station.  But I'm with Wombat, Google street view is hard to navigate.  I actually got lucky.  I went back to get the address from your post and saw where you had removed it, smart move.  But it was still typed into my google toolbar.  Thanks Google. 

Anyway, Here's my house so we're even.  You can see my artcar in the garage, but the one in the driveway is missing.  If you look up the street you can see it, but when you get in front of my house it's gone.  Weird.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:55:11 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 11:12:40 pm »

It is weird and foggy where you live, Paul.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 11:30:18 pm »

Street view is neat, but creepy. If you go to this link, you can see my grandmother and step-grandfather sitting on lawn chairs in their driveway people-watching like they used to do after my grandma got too frail to go square-dancing (how they met).

It's cool that a little part of their daily routine lives on, but it's also kind of painful. Like ghosts, their disembodied presence only reminds us of what once was.

Our current house still has the previous owner's cars in the driveway, but you can see my minivan in front of our previous residence.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 12:40:14 am »

Groovy - there's a 3D View option now, with the red/blue technique.  Pity I don't have any glasses.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 03:13:16 am »

Here's home.  I'm really surprised that they have a streetview of our tiny little old country road.  This picture's a couple years old -- they've widen our road since then.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 07:50:33 am »

My beautiful building is here.

I like it a lot. So cheap, and feels safe. Even though people from Saint Louis tell me that it is really bad and scary that I live on a street named after a state.

The one time my car got broken into, they didn't even break the window. They somehow jimmied the door open.

...or else I left it unlocked.

My friends who live half a mile away have had major issues, though. Cars broken into, car-parts sawed off, house broken into multiple times, mugged, etc. Yikes. My friend got mugged by kids the age of the kids he teaches after-school art, and then would see the kids who mugged him hanging out outside the school.

Goddamn I love Saint Louis architecture. The brick buildings absolutely slay me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 02:29:22 pm »

Naburbia. The hedges are gone - they smelled like pee. The larger tree in the park strip is gone as well. It blew over in a windstorm one weekend. Fortunately the guys from here weren't having a meeting or I would have had to buy one of them a new car.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning tips for crime scenes?
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 02:54:46 pm »

One side of that street could totally be in my neighborhood. The other side, the houses are shapes I've never seen here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up