Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming shows  (Read 26780 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 02:41:46 pm »

Just got tickets to see Ben Folds backed up by local girl Kate Miller-Heidke the week after my birthday. Pretty psyched.

Given the option, I would do this thing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 11:47:31 am »

I'm going to see Arctic Monkeys in August and I'm very much looking forward to it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 08:15:40 pm »

Saw Bill Callahan (dude from Smog, guess he just goes by his name now) last night and it was good. Also think I've found my new favorite venue in Salt Lake. Anyway, if he hits your town you could do worse than see him.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 06:16:31 pm »

Casa Bonita is the best venue in Denver.

Heh. Just got this. Or, just read this. I am terrible with the whole concept of threads. I'll look at a few posts in a thread because of stuff that catches my eye, and then weeks or months later I'll go back to find something and see something else that I missed the first time around.

Smick, you going to take another shot at Black Francis? He's playing the Aladdin May 6th.

Missed a chance to see him on Friday. At my new favorite venue in SLC. Oh well.

Lots of shows over the next few months.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 01:45:59 pm »

I have two extra lawn tickets for Kings of Leon and Band of hosss at the Venue Formerly Known as Nissan Pavilion on August 9, if anyone is innerested.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 06:30:29 pm »

oh shit oh shit oh shit
The National, Yo La Tengo and Wye Oak at Merriweather Post, September 6.
That's the day after Labor Day. Do I drop a bunch of cash for a show way the fuck over in Maryland on a school night?  DAMMIT.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 03:04:35 pm »

I have two extra lawn tickets for Kings of Leon and Band of hosss at the Venue Formerly Known as Nissan Pavilion on August 9, if anyone is innerested.

Yeah. KoL just cancelled the rest of their US tour. They're officially citing "vocal issues and exhaustion," but there's rampant speculation that there are alcohol issues, or just that the band members really fuck*ng hate each other right now. BoH is apparently trying to rebook elsewhere.

Guess I can afford those tickets to The National's show now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 10:57:41 pm »

All that sex being on fire can catch up to a dude.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 11:35:25 pm »

sex on fire=VD
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 07:32:32 pm »

I'm going to see the Eels next week. On the one hand, not the best time to be seeing that particular band. On the other, I've always wanted to see them, and this is when it happens to be.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 07:50:47 pm »

Just saw the Eels in Brooklyn Saturday.

So good. SO GOOD.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 08:03:54 pm »

Night after the Eels I'm seeing Arctic Monkeys.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 04:23:56 pm »

My girlfriend took me to see Sia last week. I'd never heard of her but the show was sold out. It was weird. I've never seen so much audience interaction. Some guy passed a shirt up to her so she put it down her panties.

Coming up: Bess Rogers (again), Jenny Owen Youngs (maybe, because fuck H St.), TMBG, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down (as an opener)
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 11:50:59 pm »

Free Thurston Moore show tonight, Kurt Vile opening. Word.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2011, 12:48:09 am »

My next two shows I got tickets for are...

The Rifftrax theatrical simulcast in mid-August and the Cinematic Titanic liveshow in Times Square in mid-September.

Because I am the hugest of nerds.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up