Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming shows  (Read 26811 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2011, 05:09:15 am »

Saw the Flaming Lips last night. fuck*ng awesome. Wayne Coyne is just so fuck*ng cool.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2011, 06:03:50 am »

Some guy who is from Mount Eerie is coming here soon. Apparently the fact that I have not heard them means I'm not indie rock dude at all. My friends react like I am saying "I've never heard Pixies" or something. What I have heard so far sounds good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:32 pm »

Saw the Flaming Lips last night. fuck*ng awesome. Wayne Coyne is just so fuck*ng cool.

There are copious amounts of rad associated with these guys, yes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2011, 10:42:17 pm »

Some guy who is from Mount Eerie is coming here soon. Apparently the fact that I have not heard them means I'm not indie rock dude at all. My friends react like I am saying "I've never heard Pixies" or something. What I have heard so far sounds good.

Is it Phil Elverum? He's the main songwriter/vocalist. I saw him a number of years ago in Philly and he was really good. Did you ever listen to The Microphones? That was the band he was in before he started Mount Eerie.

This is one of my favorite songs of his: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN9Fugvy7wI&feature=related
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 02:11:06 am »

Busy weekend for me.  Weird Al on Friday and BestFest on Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday's headliner are the Toadies and Sunday it's Cake.  It's gonna be a good weekend.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 12:48:17 pm »

Busy weekend for me.  Weird Al on Friday and BestFest on Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday's headliner are the Toadies and Sunday it's Cake.  It's gonna be a good weekend.

The Toadies are still together?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 03:06:15 pm »

The Toadies are still together?

Reunited, apparently.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 08:51:08 pm »

I wonder how many people go up to the Toadies and ask what happened to The Wet Sprocket and then laugh really loudly each day.

This must happen dozens of times every day.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 09:14:52 pm »

Someone I knew in college always referred to TtWS as the Toadies. I thought it was pretty surprising that she would like them, until I figured out what was going on.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2011, 05:27:58 am »

Saw the Flaming Lips last night. fuck*ng awesome. Wayne Coyne is just so fuck*ng cool.

I was supposed to see them last night, but I was unceremoniously sent to Chicago.  I got to see pictures from the ladyfriend and the friend who used my ticket instead of me...so that's pretty good...right?
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 07:40:00 am »

I saw TV on the Radio and Broken Social Scene today.  It was alright, I guess.  The people standing around us were the worst people I have ever been around.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 07:19:51 pm »

I saw TV on the Radio and Broken Social Scene today.  It was alright, I guess.  The people standing around us were the worst people I have ever been around.

The older I get, the less I like fans of the music I listen to.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 07:28:25 pm »

The older I get, the less I like fans of the music I listen to.

Ladyfriend is still a fan of going right up and getting as close to the stage as she can muster.   I always end up giving her this look that I'm pretty sure she mentally translates to, "When is Matlock on?  Is it time for my cocoa?"
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:42 pm »

The last few times I went to the stage I had to get physical with some folks for not being neighborly. I hate that shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 07:40:03 pm »

I still like to go right up to the stage.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up